NFL Fantasy Football 2020???

maqroll

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I've had my best week and lost! 

One for next season but can defences be taken out? They can make such a difference - 30 or 40 point swing in some cases. You can win the individual battles (QB. WR, RB and TE) and still get thumped if you happen to come up against a defence that has had a good week. 

Its not the reason I lost this week but it has happened before to me and others. Maybe one to look at when we revamp for next season

The rosters can be set up with a defensive PLAYER (or position specific DEF player), rather than a whole Team DEF. So, like, you could set it to ANY DEF player and we can pick whoever, or, say set it to 'Line Backer' and then everyone has to pick this specific position.
Team DEF is the classic setting though.

• Thanks 1

On 28/09/2020 at 17:37, Xela said:

I've had my best week and lost! 

One for next season but can defences be taken out? They can make such a difference - 30 or 40 point swing in some cases. You can win the individual battles (QB. WR, RB and TE) and still get thumped if you happen to come up against a defence that has had a good week. 

Its not the reason I lost this week but it has happened before to me and others. Maybe one to look at when we revamp for next season

I wouldn't vote to exclude defences.  The game is about skill in your selections at all positions, spotting the rising players etc.  The same applies to defences.

Defensive scoring on the other hand is plump for debate.

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

I wouldn't vote to exclude defences.  The game is about skill in your selections at all positions, spotting the rising players etc.  The same applies to defences.

Perhaps DEF should start at zero like everyone else?

3 hours ago, Tubby said:

I kind of agree but you can outscore the opposition in every other department but can lose just by the defence as the scores can vary from 20 to 70. No other position has such a wide scope. 

I think you are right about revising how defences score points though. One to mull over for next year. 

14 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Perhaps DEF should start at zero like everyone else?

That wouldn't be possible because of the number of points awarded for not conceding. Defensive scoring works in reverse (more points for being less worse) compared to other positions (more points for getting better).

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

I kind of agree but you can outscore the opposition in every other department but can lose just by the defence as the scores can vary from 20 to 70. No other position has such a wide scope. 

I think you are right about revising how defences score points though. One to mull over for next year. 

We revised the scoring last season as it happens. We lowered the boundary points i.e. 100, 200, 300 yards conceded etc. same for points conceded as well. We did however reward teams for touchdowns and sacks.

So the basic rule of thumb with defences is to pick one that sacks a lot, creates turnovers and makes it hard on opponents to score.

The scoring system for all positions is viewable on the web view. Always worth a look to help guide player choices.

Edited by Tubby

52 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

To clarify, I'm also not in favour of removing Team DEF.

It's the classic way to play the game.

Any idea what happens to players who are involved in the Steelers Titans game? have they got to be swapped?

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Any idea what happens to players who are involved in the Steelers Titans game? have they got to be swapped?

I think so. They won't be playing the game any time soon.
Week 4 will work as a bye for both teams, but since the Titans/Steelers don't have the same bye week, they'll have to shuffle their fixtures around... as well as other teams' fixtures later in the season. Week 4 WILL be their bye week (they won't get their scheduled ones)
Basically, it's gonna be a logistical mess and we'll all just have to just play our hand as it's dealt.

Edited by Beastmix

On 27/09/2020 at 16:06, rjw63 said:

Saquon out for season,. Yahoo says Lewis is next up for NYG at RB.

So I put him in. He even got 20 points last week filling in.

This week? One rushing attempt for 3.5 points.

What the **** am I doing wrong???

Shit luck. I lost my first two draft picks in my other league and Conner is inactive PPD. I'm also 0-3!

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Meanwhile, my opponent's kicker tallied 18 points last night!

Melvin Gordon was in my opponents team last night, of course he had his biggest game of the season.

You lot must look for me in the fixtures I **** swear

16 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Melvin Gordon was in my opponents team last night, of course he had his biggest game of the season.

To be fair, you did drop Devin Singletary, which was surprising. Good pick up for me, especially as James Connor is now on a bye for me as my flex player. 

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

To be fair, you did drop Devin Singletary, which was surprising. Good pick up for me, especially as James Connor is now on a bye for me as my flex player. 

Just checked back and at least one player has had their best week against me in every game.

Predictable.

20 hours ago, rjw63 said:

he was playing the jets, of course he did 🤣

about time i had some luck. i scored 116 points in week 1, lost my first round draft pick to injury and carson wentz is playing like the worst qb in the league.

Â