NFL Fantasy Football 2020???

maqroll

20 minutes ago, kkr said:

Looks like i could transfer ownership of a team if anyone is interested in taking over from RavensFlock and Brumerican?  Seems to work as per the below so i believe the original owner would no longer have access to the league, but not sure on that to be honest.

'Use this tool to invite a new manager to an existing team. Once the new manager accepts the invitation the previous manager and any co-managers will be notified they no longer own the team.'

From a somewhat selfish point of view, if Brumerican is going to bow out I think it's fairest if he is replaced by somebody. He comprehensively beat me Week 1 but it puts me at a bit of an unfair advantage if he's a walkover for everyone else throughout the season.

10 hours ago, kkr said:

It seems i cant set anyone with a hidden email as commish/co-commish for some reason.  If you can change this i'll set you up.

I'll retire the league at the end of the season though as it has ran its course.  There was plenty of discussion about scoring, rosters and divisions the past few offseasons so it will probably be a good opportunity for a fresh start with a new commissioner who may want to consider other fantasy platforms once there is some agreement among participants around the rules they want to play under.

@kkr

Why does the league need to be retired? If the commish role can be transferred then we can carry on, you can choose to be in it or not, just like anyone else.

I also think that the yahoo platform works well enough so quite happy to stick with it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tubby said:

@kkr

Why does the league need to be retired? If the commish role can be transferred then we can carry on, you can choose to be in it or not, just like anyone else.

I also think that the yahoo platform works well enough so quite happy to stick with it.

Agreed.

Every year I start off shit and wish I hadn't bothered, yet every September I still do it. It's like heroin.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

From a somewhat selfish point of view, if Brumerican is going to bow out ...

I definitely have and won't be back sorry. I can only apologise but I'm struggling just to make it through the day most of the time . Fantasy used to be a fun escape but it's become a chore for me and I need to use the little time I have left more wisely.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I definitely have and won't be back sorry. I can only apologise but I'm struggling just to make it through the day most of the time . Fantasy used to be a fun escape but it's become a chore for me and I need to use the little time I have left more wisely.

Mate, no need to apologise. You got to put yourself first in these situations and what you are going through is infinitely more important than a little bit of side fun like this. 
If you ever need to chat/vent/whatever hit me up. Id offer to catch up in person if I weren’t so far away. Take care mate, you can get through this.

5 hours ago, Tubby said:

@kkr

If people are happy enough with Yahoo then it can carry on.  I thought there was more of a desire to change the structure of the league with divisions, promotion/relegation etc and clearly there is no valid option to do that on Yahoo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I don't know what your personal circumstances are dude, but it sounds like you have more important things to focus on which i completely understand and wish you the best with.

The door remains open if you have a change of heart.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kkr said:

If people are happy enough with Yahoo then it can carry on.  I thought there was more of a desire to change the structure of the league with divisions, promotion/relegation etc and clearly there is no valid option to do that on Yahoo.

Thanks dude.  I get the sense that it will be a more manageable number going forward so in the short-term at least let's organise a transfer of control and we can go from there.  Appreciate it.

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Echoing the thoughts of others.  Take it easy, refocus and come back stronger when you're ready.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

So whats happening with this league now? I know @Brumerican is out and thats his decision (hope you're well buddy) but now @kkr hasn't selected any players for this week?

Wish I hadn't bothered as well.

Projected to win by 20. not even half time and I'm projected to lose by 30. Load of bollocks.

Saquon out for season,. Yahoo says Lewis is next up for NYG at RB.

So I put him in. He even got 20 points last week filling in.

This week? One rushing attempt for 3.5 points.

What the **** am I doing wrong???

Giants signed Devonta Freeman @rjw63 Not that they can run the ball or do much good though!

@Xela i was going to play out the tie rather than profit from someone leaving, but it looks like players have now been selected by my opponent so i will reluctantly field a team.

24 minutes ago, kkr said:

Giants signed Devonta Freeman @rjw63 Not that they can run the ball or do much good though!

@Xela i was going to play out the tie rather than profit from someone leaving, but it looks like players have now been selected by my opponent so i will reluctantly field a team.

freeman scored next to nothing as well.

Back to the drawing board for me

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Saquon out for season,. Yahoo says Lewis is next up for NYG at RB.

So I put him in. He even got 20 points last week filling in.

This week? One rushing attempt for 3.5 points.

What the **** am I doing wrong???

I have one other fantasy team. I had Barkley. Replaced him with Lewis.  Shit luck is all. 

FIVE teams this week have won with lower scores than me, and only 4 teams in 16 have a better total.

Obviously my opposition who was 0-2 has scored the highest total of all 16 teams.

It's this kind of crap that makes me want to join the guys who are sitting out.

Yeah I know it's only a game, but losing every week just takes any enjoyment out of it.

• Sad 1

I've had my best week and lost! 

One for next season but can defences be taken out? They can make such a difference - 30 or 40 point swing in some cases. You can win the individual battles (QB. WR, RB and TE) and still get thumped if you happen to come up against a defence that has had a good week. 

Its not the reason I lost this week but it has happened before to me and others. Maybe one to look at when we revamp for next season

Â