What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

Jesus, you're a right momma's boy ent ya? 

:lol:

never cooked green beans?!

Nope, not fresh ones anyway.

I'm a decent cook, nothing fancy but I cook proper meals every day. Almost never have takeaway or microwave stuff.

Green beans is just something I've never really had very much :)

• Like 1

If it were I, then i'd blanch them in boiling water for a couple of minutes, drain them and plunge into cold water (if you can be assed, it stops them miscolouring), then sauté them in your lemon and garlic. Obviously be careful not to burn the garlic, even a little.

If it were I, then i'd blanch them in boiling water for a couple of minutes, drain them and plunge into cold water (if you can be assed, it stops them miscolouring), then sauté them in your lemon and garlic. Obviously be careful not to burn the garlic, even a little.

Exactly what I'm planning on doing :thumb:

It's the same song '91

tumblr_msec2y3e2T1rve8juo1_500.gif

Anyway, I just made toast and put  a layer of baked beans on it, then monterry jack cheese, smeared it BBQ sauce and grilled it for a bit.

You may think that's not very impressive but trust me famalams, if you're a couple of seconds over or under the grilling time it becomes (More of) a disaster.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely going to do this soon, sounds lovely!!

Â