What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

When I said I would help out in the hotel ....I didnt think a function of 120 was on the cards 

10527878_10152544692239738_7686470306264

Where you chef MV I must call in for a bite next time I'm up the country.

Edited by Folski

120? Pffft. Try a lunch for 500, immediately followed by a cream tea for 500. In a marquee. No power, no water. You bring absolutely everything with you, including the water. The tables. The lot.

I did 84 hours that week, and dreamed about work, largely because I'd done nothing else.

Yes, I have seen the four Yorkshiremen sketch, thank you for asking. ☺

120? Pffft. Try a lunch for 500, immediately followed by a cream tea for 500. In a marquee. No power, no water. You bring absolutely everything with you, including the water. The tables. The lot.

I did 84 hours that week, and dreamed about work, largely because I'd done nothing else.

Did this really happen ?......

Did this really happen ?......

Oh yes. Outside catering. Sometimes you're lucky and get a properly equipped kitchen, a town hall or something. Sometimes not. What I describe here is the outer edge of what we did, but it certainly happened. We made it work as well. Punters were happy, as was the organiser.

And then there was the time they told me they were doing another marquee job, delivering the booze the night before, and so I would have to sleep in the marquee in case anyone tried to rob it. At 18, you don't always recognise totally unreasonable employer behaviour when you see it.

When I said I would help out in the hotel ....I didnt think a function of 120 was on the cards 

10527878_10152544692239738_7686470306264

Where you chef MV I must call in for a bite next time I'm up the country.

Im not really anywhere at the min ....I quit the old church place I was in ....and currently helping a mate open a uppish market cafe type thing while been begged to work in that hotel I was in the weekend that is a bit of a shithole BUT undergoing massive renovations ...I think after a month of doing both I will choose one 

What could either of you two do with -

Aubergine

Salt

Duck Butter

Spaghetti Hoops

Beef Sausages

Some boiling water

Rocket

????

ANSWER: Wrap all the food up and use the rocket to fly in to space and have an adventure.

Aubergine

Salt

Duck Butter

Spaghetti Hoops

Beef Sausages

Some boiling water

Rocket

????

ANSWER: Wrap all the food up and use the rocket to fly in to space and have an adventure.

Nothing at all. And what the **** is duck butter? But if you have some garlic and spices, grill the aubergine over an open flame or under a hot grill until soft, scrape the flesh from the skin and discard the skin, mash the soft flesh with crushed garlic, salt, pepper, maybe paprika. Slice the sausage, saute in a wok or good frying pan with salt, pepper, chili, paprika.

Serve the sausage on a bed of rocket with the aubergine puree on the side, and call it tapas. Some good, rustic bread as well.

And throw away the spaghetti hoops, or donate to a food bank.

• Like 1

Aubergine

Salt

Duck Butter

Spaghetti Hoops

Beef Sausages

Some boiling water

Rocket

????

Nothing at all. And what the **** is duck butter? But if you have some garlic and spices, grill the aubergine over an open flame or under a hot grill until soft, scrape the flesh from the skin and discard the skin, mash the soft flesh with crushed garlic, salt, pepper, maybe paprika. Slice the sausage, saute in a wok or good frying pan with salt, pepper, chili, paprika.

Serve the sausage on a bed of rocket with the aubergine puree on the side, and call it tapas. Some good, rustic bread as well.

roy-walker-meme-generator-it-s-good-but-

If you scroll over the original post the answer was hidden there.

I can't believe you don't know what duck butter is by the way.

Aubergine

Salt

Duck Butter

Spaghetti Hoops

Beef Sausages

Some boiling water

Rocket

????

roy-walker-meme-generator-it-s-good-but-

If you scroll over the original post the answer was hidden there.

I can't believe you don't know what duck butter is by the way.

I saw the answer when I replied, it came up in text form. But I thought I would reply anyway.

No, I really don't know what you mean by duck butter.

• 2 weeks later...

Stir-fried Pork with Beans and Green Peppercorns

lwADzZj.jpg

Don't be fooled by the term 'Stir-Fry' this was anything but quick and easy, it took me a good hour and a half just to pound the paste. First time I've ever eaten fresh green peppercorns and I have to say they were a nice addition to the dish. Shame I overcooked the rice!

5s7pcLP.jpg

10484996_10152578981624738_7449648511741

First time using gluten free flour ............I attempted to make bread with the flour as well but the list of additives I needed to buy didn't make it cost effective

It's malt loaf, isn't it? :)

My missus decided she wanted to lose weight by cutting down on carbs, but still wanted to eat bread because she likes it, so instructed me to invent a tasty, low carb bread.

After several days research and experimentation, many ingredients purchased, and a reasonable amount of my declining life spent on this fuckwittery, she lost interest and issued new instructions to go back to buying the very good granary bread from the local baker.

I feel as though I have failed in something. And significant parts of my cupboard space are taken up with ingredients I will never use again, but probably won't throw out just yet, just in case.

• 1 month later...
Â