What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

Meath, I need advice on getting perfectly crumbly and hard shortbread as the way I'm doing it leaves it hard-ish on the outside with an ever so slightly flaky/chewy centre. Its annoying me.

you could have too much butter or sugar ..

You could work the dough more than it should be 

do you just use butter,sugar,flour ....or do you add a bit of corn flour..

Is your oven calibrated ?....it happens to me at home the oven in work when it says 180 the whole oven is 180 but the oven at home could be 160 or 170 when set at 180 and the middle of the oven could be the coldest part etc 

Meath, I need advice on getting perfectly crumbly and hard shortbread as the way I'm doing it leaves it hard-ish on the outside with an ever so slightly flaky/chewy centre. Its annoying me.

*snigger*

A question for the 'professional cheffy people' of the forum

What is your all time favorite food?

Do you ever just get home and cook yourself something extremely simple like cheese on toast, or have frozen meals?

I am sure that I read someone like Gordon Ramsey states that there favorite food is a simple bacon sandwich and that when they get home the last thing they want to do is mess about in their kitchen at home cooking more food.

I was out and about yesterday and had a butternut squash & coconut soup. I shall be looking for recipes and making my own. It was utterly delicious.

• Like 1

Do you ever just get home and cook yourself something extremely simple like cheese on toast, or have frozen meals?

I am sure that I read someone like Gordon Ramsey states that there favorite food is a simple bacon sandwich and that when they get home the last thing they want to do is mess about in their kitchen at home cooking more food.

I wouldn't count myself as 'cheffy' but there's not much that beats beans on toast with a bit of cheese

recent innovation, onion in the beans

I wouldn't count myself as 'cheffy' but there's not much that beats beans on toast with a bit of cheese

recent innovation, onion in the beans

I'm like this with cheese on toast and red onion

• Like 1

I was out and about yesterday and had a butternut squash & coconut soup. I shall be looking for recipes and making my own. It was utterly delicious.

Roast all the veg with honey season after blending and add coconut milk at the end

Edited by Meath_Villan

Do the same with the pumpkin roast with a bit of honey I would also add a few sw3et potatos to it (roast them in the oven in their own skin) like a baked spud peel of the skin when cooked add to soup and blend ......if you plan way ahead dry out the pumpkin seeds and use as a crunchy garnish for the soup or if your making soda bread just chop them up and throw it in the mix

Â