What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

MrsVM doesn't like Stilton. I love the stuff on a digestive biscuit and soups and burgers, steak sauce etc but I've finally found something which is Pork and Stilton hash which she likes.

So I'm doing that tonight.

boil some little spuds (halved/quartered) dont over boil them so they break up

Onion (I've got a leek here so I'm chucking that in too)

Mushroom

Chard/Kale/Spinach (I've got a bit of a cabbage to use up so I'm using that)

Pork

Thyme

Stilton

Dijon Mustard

Chuck the boiled new potatoes in a colander and let the excess water evaporate while you fry off the onions and any chard or kale stalks. Add the leaves. Chuck them on a plate when done. Slice the mushrooms and fry on a high heat for not very long. Chuck them on the plate with the rest. Chuck the pork in the pan and cook through. When the pork is cooked stir in a bit of mustard then add the onion/greens/mushroom mixture back in the pan and chuck the thyme in and the spuds. then crumble in the stilton on a low heat and stir it all up and serve.

I use a high sided frying pan

Edited by VILLAMARV
potatoes
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Must be Autumn because MrsVM just requested rice pudding be made. Following the piss easy recipe on the packet of pudding rice but substituted 400ml of the milk for a tin of coconut milk and cracked open some cardomom pods and chucked the seeds in. My flat smells nice.

• Like 1

Â