WAHEY! It's a JOKE thread : Enter at your own risk.

villadude

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I sometimes have to check if it's you or PussEKatt posting those jokes

That's one hell of a delayed reaction, you been in prison? 🤪

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That's one hell of a delayed reaction, you been in prison? 🤪

I'm in the office on a bank holiday, and nobody else is :D 

Time to go through some old threads

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm in the office on a bank holiday, and nobody else is :D 

Time to go through some old threads

Why???

Just now, Genie said:

Why???

Why am I in the office?

Because we don't automatically get Bank Holidays here. You can book them off. Or you can use the holiday somewhere else if you want. I've done the latter

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Why???

He conscientious obviously 😉

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I sometimes have to check if it's you or PussEKatt posting those jokes

Speaking of @PussEKatt, anybody heard from him lately? Hasn't posted for months. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why am I in the office?

Because we don't automatically get Bank Holidays here. You can book them off. Or you can use the holiday somewhere else if you want. I've done the latter

Enjoy it while you can. We have that at my work but I struggle to save the day for later as my son is off school. Which my wife tells me means we have to do something special as a family. Personally I think it'd be better to save the day for one of the other 13 week's off a year he seems to get.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2024 at 14:32, Stevo985 said:

Why am I in the office?

So you get the bank holidays added to your annual leave days but you can take them any time? That's even better.

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

So you get the bank holidays added to your annual leave days but you can take them any time? That's even better.

Sort of. 

We shut down between Christmas and new year. Usually companies would make you use your annual leave for those days. So you have no choice when to use those days of annual leave. 

At our place instead of that, some of our bank holidays get “deferred” and used in those days between Christmas and new year instead. 

The logic is that you can then use your annual leave to take the bank holidays or you can work them and use them at a time that’s more convenient to you. 

So yeah it’s what you said, but with the caveat of the Christmas shut down on there

• Like 1

We've got the same bank holiday policy, book them if you want them, with the style exception of Christmas day.

I work pretty much every bank holiday, and end up getting through what would usually be a week's work, despite having a lovely relaxed day, just because I'm not in back to back meetings for a change.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

This page has been absolutely hilarious

Funnier than Rob’s jokes lately to be fair

• 3 weeks later...
Â