Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

We wouldn't sell Iroegbunam for £20m, if someone wanted buy him and he wanted to leave he would cost more than that, Bristol City want £25m for Alex Scott. The only reason Chukwuemeka didn't cost more than £20m is because his contract was about to run out, in the circumstances financially it was a good deal for us, but we would have much preferred to have kept him, and if he was signed to a longer deal we could have got more money for him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

He’d have to have a pretty good loan somewhere in the PL if someone is going to pay more than £20m for him. 

Didnt Liverpool get that for Solanke and Brewster and Carney has done more at Premier League level

Everton got 45 million for Gordon who hasnt really done much

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Everton got 45 million for Gordon who hasnt really done much

He had a red hot 6 months or so, and is rapid (something you can’t teach). It’s over priced but Carney has basically had a few jogs on a PL pitch and done nothing of note yet.

Chelsea should try and loan him to another PL team to get an idea of where he is at with regular game time.

36 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Carney hasn't played a lot of senior football though. All the others mentioned have at least shown something in the Championship (I think). Carney is pure youth potential.

See I disagree, I think when you look at his age and compare him to his peers he has played a lot of senior football if you class it as PL, the only other player in the England u20 set up getting PL minutes is edozie at southampton (although bynoe gittens is getting a fair minutes at Dortmund since Xmas)

Next year is when the majority seem to break through so that's the big year for him, elliot for example played less PL football last year than chuk has this year

Chelsea wont lose money on him

• Like 1

He needs a loan deal to the championship to get some game time. Problem is Chelsea seemed to be in a complete mess so not sure it will happen next season , that's 2 seasons wasted where he could have been playing premier League games with us.

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

He needs a loan deal to the championship to get some game time. Problem is Chelsea seemed to be in a complete mess so not sure it will happen next season , that's 2 seasons wasted where he could have been playing premier League games with us.

I'm surprised he's not out on loan, seeing as Chelsea have 20 other players out on loan at the moment 

Just now, Mozzavfc said:

I'm surprised he's not out on loan, seeing as Chelsea have 20 other players out on loan at the moment 

Maybe he's refused to go out on loan after first team game time was promised when he signed? 

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Maybe he's refused to go out on loan after first team game time was promised when he signed? 

Doubtful, even he must realise he's not going to get much game time at the moment with the giant squad they have. Plus he went there for the money, not any promises they made him. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Doubtful, even he must realise he's not going to get much game time at the moment with the giant squad they have. Plus he went there for the money, not any promises they made him. 

I would bet he's not going to make his breakthrough at Chelsea now. Unless he can seriously impress in the limited chances he's going to get, which he hasn't yet and might not get another.

What a waste.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We supposedly offered him more...

He went there because in modern football being a Chelsea reserve player is considered better than being a starter for villa 

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

See I disagree, I think when you look at his age and compare him to his peers he has played a lot of senior football if you class it as PL, the only other player in the England u20 set up getting PL minutes is edozie at southampton (although bynoe gittens is getting a fair minutes at Dortmund since Xmas)

Next year is when the majority seem to break through so that's the big year for him, elliot for example played less PL football last year than chuk has this year

Chelsea wont lose money on him

Compared to Alex Scott

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Alex Scott is in the championship

There's the obvious argument as to which is better for his development but the point remains no one in his England age group is doing what he's doing

Yeah that was my original point - you've got either someone who's proven to some extent at Championship level or someone who looks great at youth level and has made the odd appearance in the PL, the respective values of each can be argued about.

If he was proven in the premier league already we wouldn't be talking so much about potential - see Jacob Ramsey.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We supposedly offered him more...

They same way we offered more than Man City did to Grealish? Don't believe the PR guff that comes out of the club when we lose a player. They are just trying to stop any fan backlash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinker said:

I would bet he's not going to make his breakthrough at Chelsea now. Unless he can seriously impress in the limited chances he's going to get, which he hasn't yet and might not get another.

What a waste.

He'll be off to the Dutch league or to a newly promoted team on loan. In the unlikely event he turns into a player Chelsea will take him back otherwise the loan fees over the next two or three years will probably cover at least half his wages and transfer fee. It's a solid business model Chelsea have been running for years. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

They same way we offered more than Man City did to Grealish? Don't believe the PR guff that comes out of the club when we lose a player. They are just trying to stop any fan backlash.

Grealish we quite obviously didn't, £300k a week would not only cripple us moving forward but it would ruin our entire structure

There was a comment I think from the club at the time that we offered to make him the highest paid teenager in the PL, on top of that we played him more than any 18 year old in the PL

I don't believe that Chelsea offered him anything more than the esteem of wearing the tracksuit of a top 6 club as he watches from the stands every saturday which he obviously regards as higher than playing for villa, completely out of villas hands, don't think it was greed even if he has got himself paid and I definitely don't think villa did anything wrong

I think he's a snapshot of modern football

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

We offered money on the books…. Maybe City had other ways to offer more money, wonder if Jacks dad is receiving a consulting fee.

Â