Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I obviously hope he stays, but without going OT I can’t help thinking about Gary Cahill. 

Angry people will tell you that we messed up letting the kid go, but it’s nonsense of course. The simple fact is that at the time Gary wasn’t good enough to command first team football. but that’s what he wanted. We can all moan in hindsight but those were the facts. 

CC is the same. The kid is going to be great but at this moment in time he simply isn’t good enough to command a starting spot. 

Is his hesitation to sign a want for more playing time? (Good luck at Barcelona/Dortmund if it is) is it money? We don’t know. 

Whatever it is, the same as Cahill, I’m not going to beat on the club if he leaves. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

I obviously hope he stays, but without going OT I can’t help thinking about Gary Cahill. 

Angry people will tell you that we messed up letting the kid go, but it’s nonsense of course. The simple fact is that at the time Gary wasn’t good enough to command first team football. but that’s what he wanted. We can all moan in hindsight but those were the facts. 

CC is the same. The kid is going to be great but at this moment in time he simply isn’t good enough to command a starting spot. 

Is his hesitation to sign a want for more playing time? (Good luck at Barcelona/Dortmund if it is) is it money? We don’t know. 

Whatever it is, the same as Cahill, I’m not going to beat on the club if he leaves. 

Cahill was annoying because he was already much better than Zat Knignt. Plus no buy back or sell on clauses!

Carney is not better than the players in his position yet.

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not the samt situation at all IMO. At that time many fans saw the ability of Cahill and he was at the very least as good at the time as Zat Knight and co. That was just MON being his usual shortsighted self.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not 100 percent confirned but his agent/ advisor  is someone from his church 

I truly believe that it isnt Carney being a cock. I think that they want whats best for him while at the sametime getting whats best for them.

He is probably the second focal point of the church (behind god obs ) . And they truly believe he is a world beater.

If Carney had normal agent representation then he would have signed last year. And then if he progressed from there he would sign for incremental increases until interest from the huge clubs finally came to fruition / or he ran his contract out just like Bouba has.

If you are unhappy anywhere agents will get you moved ( unless you are Charlie Kane and bit off more than you could chew with Levy ) 

And no proper agent would turn down what would probably be 30k a week for Carney that was offered last October . Its too big a risk to basically give 18 months notice on a contract like his representation did

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Not 100 percent confirned but his agent/ advisor  is someone from his church 

I truly believe that it isnt Carney being a cock. I think that they want whats best for him while at the sametime getting whats best for them.

He is probably the second focal point of the church (behind god obs ) . And they truly believe he is a world beater.

If Carney had normal agent representation then he would have signed last year. And then if he progressed from there he would sign for incremental increases until interest from the huge clubs finally came to fruition / or he ran his contract out just like Bouba has.

If you are unhappy anywhere agents will get you moved ( unless you are Charlie Kane and bit off more than you could chew with Levy ) 

And no proper agent would turn down what would probably be 30k a week for Carney that was offered last October . Its too big a risk to basically give 18 months notice on a contract like his representation did

Welcome Back to the club God.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If a youth player has no plans on staying why would he feature in the kit promotion video? It ain’t like Chuk is going to help sell shirts.

He's not in the kit video is he? 

Whatever that photo is its something different, maybe it's for sky and their line up nonsense but then it looks like he's sat in between 2 screens with his face on, he's also holding a Nike PL ball making me think it's not actually a thing for villa, could be anything*

:detect: 

* apart from a tweet from the tap merchant announcing his Barcelona signing 

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's not in the kit video is he? 

Whatever that photo is its something different, maybe it's for sky and their line up nonsense but then it looks like he's sat in between 2 screens with his face on, he's also holding a Nike PL ball making me think it's not actually a thing for villa, could be anything*

:detect: 

* apart from a tweet from the tap merchant announcing his Barcelona signing 

Not the official launch video but he is in the Villa Tv behind the scenes kit shoot. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, av1 said:

False comparison- Cahill was more than ready for our first team. He was better than both Knight and Davies who started ahead of him and fans could see it

MON just didn’t like him for some reason. Probably his biggest transfer error while manager 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If a youth player has no plans on staying why would he feature in the kit promotion video? It ain’t like Chuk is going to help sell shirts.

It's probably not quite as black and white as this. He's still a Villa player, so it's only normal he'd feature in our promotional material. Whether he stays or not may simply not be known yet, by player or club. 

Or he may have just signed a contract. Either way, I wouldn't read too much into promotional stuff. It's their job to feature in this stuff.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

It's probably not quite as black and white as this. He's still a Villa player, so it's only normal he'd feature in our promotional material. Whether he stays or not may simply not be known yet, by player or club. 

Or he may have just signed a contract. Either way, I wouldn't read too much into promotional stuff. It's their job to feature in this stuff.

True but it’s not like every Squad player was called in so why was Chuk called in? Especially when he seems to be the only u21 player in it. 

Just seems a bit strange if he was leaving.  
You’re most likely right though and it means nothing.

10 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

False comparison- Cahill was more than ready for our first team. He was better than both Knight and Davies who started ahead of him and fans could see it

MON just didn’t like him for some reason. Probably his biggest transfer error while manager 

I disagree mate, but it’s all about opinions. 

Â