Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think tying down Azaz, Chrisene and I think there was one other who has extended their stay this summer as well, can’t remember who, is definitely a good move from the club. 
What I mean by typical scenario is that we seem to have these super special players who then decide not to stay with us. Crowley was one. Chukwuemeka looks like he will be another. In some ways I’d also put Grealish into there. He only had four proper playing seasons with us, I think it was. Villa lad that came through the ranks… decided to do one. Different in a few ways, but there a couple of parallels with the other two mentioned. 

There has to be other mega talents that have bailed on us over the years. 

Sturridge but that was his attitude that made us dunp him. 

Honestly we have lost so few players that wasnt on our terms .

Cahill , Steven Davis,  were sold rather than lost. Our academy has been very very good for a long time. Lost its way a little in the 2010s  but since the Nwse turned up its gone to another level.

22 minutes ago, WHY said:

Meltdown for a kid who has stood out playing against smaller kids. All the best to the lad when he moves on but after watching the game for over 40 years I don’t think he will have the career most on here think he will. Genuinely hope he proves me wrong though. 

A 17/18 year old kid who stood out playing against U23 year olds, and the star man of the U19 euros. 
Feels like when Barca lost Thiago 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But he loses value then, if he’s triaging with first team all year, even if he leaves the tribunal fee will increase.

Tribunal fees to European clubs are derisory anyway, hence why West Brom fans were so mad when we got Barry because they saw it as a cheap workaround...and Barca never even paid them the small tribunal fee did they?

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If anything , now, we are the one actually poaching " prodigal" talents from other teams.

That being said, it's inevitable that some will be lost, for one reason or another.

Even bigger clubs lose talents for different reasons, it is what it is.

You just have to try your best to find a balance.

Prodigious?! Prodigal means you piss money away, which I guess most of these players would do too.

Unfortunately it is just the way of things. I'm sure we didn't give Northampton a 2nd thought when we poached him from their academy.

• Like 1

All our highly rated youngsters have signed contract extentions recently, including Chukwuemeka.

Crowely was about ten years ago now, and whilst he was highly rated wasn't any more rated than the likes of Aaron Ramsey, Barry, or Kesler-Hayden were at a similar age, so it's not as if when one of our youngsters reaches a certain level we always lose them, there are some that would argue that Aaron Ramsey is just as good as Chukwuemeka, not saying I agree with that or not, but pointing out that we have other youngsters close in ability to Chukwuemeka.

The only highly rated youngster I'm aware of us losing recently was Kane Taylor, who as it happend signed his first professional contract with Man City today, but we lost him back in 2019, so just before our academy started improving to the extent it has been over the last couple of years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All they did was command much higher wages for a year and eventually pissed off anyway to be fair.

If someone's heart ain't really in it anymore, what's the point?

But Benteke kept us up for one more season and Grealish got us promoted with those extra years, so there was a point with those examples!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Prodigious?! Prodigal means you piss money away, which I guess most of these players would do too.

Unfortunately it is just the way of things. I'm sure we didn't give Northampton a 2nd thought when we poached him from their academy.

Yeah that's the one, my bad.

1 minute ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

But Benteke kept us up for one more season and Grealish got us promoted with those extra years, so there was a point with those examples!

100 percent, I was more alluding to the fact that they had pretty much already made their minds up to be off regardless, and both were, as soon as the right offers came in.

I'd personally rather invest in players who are currently all in for the cause.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Also Barca owe players millions in deferred wages, 50 million plus I'm sure. Why would anyone want to jump into that. They still owe Liverpool 30 million for coutinho 

This surely can’t be true, Liverpool have supposedly rebuilt an entire squad off that money

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

This surely can’t be true, Liverpool have supposedly rebuilt an entire squad off that money

Did some fact checking that was released last year actually, so probably a bit less now. They owed 126 million euro to a load of clubs for players over the years 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Sturridge but that was his attitude that made us dunp him. 

Honestly we have lost so few players that wasnt on our terms .

Cahill , Steven Davis,  were sold rather than lost. Our academy has been very very good for a long time. Lost its way a little in the 2010s  but since the Nwse turned up its gone to another level.

Sturridge  ? He was here from ages 7-11 before he moved to Coventry's academy. He wasn't dumped and I doubt it was his attitude....

50 minutes ago, useless said:

Aaron Ramsey's contract actually expires before Chukwuemeka's.

Are you sure? Seems weird considering all summer contracts appear to end 30th June and he only signed his first pro deal last year. Surely you aren't suggesting it ends in January? There is so little detail online about his contract I'm interested to know where you got this info.

edit - transfermrkt suggests we have an option to extend it to 2024, although they've already stitched me up once this week so I don't know if I can trust them.

image.png.ec23cc17374014ee5eb4308467cd77be.png

Edited by Sam-AVFC

He can ask Louie Barry what Barcelona is like. It doesnt always work out. Anyways good luck to him, hardly critical player for us, if he is backing himself to run down his contract on his current wages then fair enough. But times change and players form can be fleeting, he may regret not taking the deal when he had the opportunity. A year is a long time in a footballers career.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

Â