Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played 60 minutes in just one game he was involved and made 2 starts from 40 available 

He has 415 mins played in the first team last season, by far the most from any academy player bar Ramsey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He played 294 minutes in the league. Only one 18 year old played more in the league last season and that was a Southampton player.

Do you think he should have played a lot more?

Well depends when Ashley Young was being played as a 10 or in centre midfield i can imagine why he would think he deserved more minutes 

For me I dont know because I dont see him train but for Carney i can see why he thinks he deserved more. Was times he went a long time without getting on the pitch and we were playing shit

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well depends when Ashley Young was being played as a 10 or in centre midfield i can imagine why he would think he deserved more minutes 

For me I dont know because I dont see him train but for Carney i can see why he thinks he deserved more. Was times he went a long time without getting on the pitch and we were playing shit

I didn’t personally see enough for him to be getting more minutes. Thought the club were quite generous with how much he played and it’s definitely nothing to do with this ‘win now’ approach you don’t seem to be a fan of.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If you need a result to save your job, do you a) bring on a versatile, experienced, title winning player? or b) a young, inexperienced teenager who has just turned 18?  I'm going with option a) personally.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

If you need a result to save your job, do you a) bring on a versatile, experienced, title winning player? or b) a young, inexperienced teenager who has just turned 18?  I'm going with option a) personally.

Bring on the 18 year so he signs a new contract. In fact just play all the kids every game so they stay at the club.  ‘Organic growth’.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I didn’t personally see enough for him to be getting more minutes. Thought the club were quite generous with how much he played and it’s definitely nothing to do with this ‘win now’ approach you don’t seem to be a fan of.

No I am not a fan of win now. I remember the last 2 times we did it and was a disaster. Both nearly led to financial ruin 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Young played in central midfield like only once for us and it happened to be  a game where Carney started for us too.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No I am not a fan of win now. I remember the last 2 times we did it and was a disaster. Both nearly led to financial ruin 

Fair enough. Boils down to whether you trust that those running the club know what they are doing. I do. You don’t.  Only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Young played in central midfield like only once for us and it happened to be  a game where Carney started for us too.

As a starter but he came off the bench a few times to play centre midfield or as a 10

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Boils down to whether you trust that those running the club know what they are doing. I do. You don’t.  Only time will tell.

I trust the owners yes but the rest at the moment I dont

I think he had plenty of game time for where he’s at as an 18 year old. And I haven’t been massively impressed when he has been on, I can’t remember the game but he came on for a spell late in the season and looked like he either couldn’t or didn’t want to put a shift in. His game time will probably increase this season I would say and then we can see if he’s up to it 

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

People act as though our CMs are so outstanding that Carney can't possibly be given starts, but ironically our best CM is probably Ramsey, who only came good when he was given...starts!

Still utterly baffles me that McGinn - despite being the absolute definition of average Prem player - played 90 mins every single game he was available last year when we had nothing to play for.

Agreed. I would play Chukwuemeka ahead of McGinn next season as CM, and as first cab off the rank behind Coutinho and Buendia. His agent may be bell end trying it on but I still firmly believe this kid is special and we need to keep and develop him at all costs.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Agreed. I would play Chukwuemeka ahead of McGinn next season as CM, and as first cab off the rank behind Coutinho and Buendia. His agent may be bell end trying it on but I still firmly believe this kid is special and we need to keep and develop him at all costs.

Develop him for another club when he sods of next summer for nothing.

No thanks.

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

The problem with that is that it confirms there is no immediate path to the first team for him at the minute if he has to go out on loan to get a run in the first team, which may convince him that he's better off signing for someone else who will guarantee him first team minutes.

We finished 14th last season......so who can guarantee him first team minutes, if he wasn't a regular in our team.

I think his ambition is ahead of his reality......is one problem, he might have.

Carney has been given a chance and hasn’t done enough to warrant any more game time than he’s been given. Tim Iroegbunam did a very solid job and deserved his shots in the first team. Ramsey last season was Ok but worked hard and therefore provided a better alternative to the experienced but slow Hourihane and Barkley in certain games, so deserved his chances and then added the quality to his work rate this season, too. Chukweumeka however wanders around the pitch like he’s the best player in the world, which is ok if he’s setting the world alight but he clearly hasn’t. Probably works in the u18’s where he’s surrounding by kids who only have half the technical ability but in the PL they are all top class players so if you’re not on top form you need to at least work twice as hard instead to help the team. 

Most youngsters go out on loan for a season, this guy seems to be the only one who hasn’t and presumably it’s because of the contract issue. He simply hasn’t done enough here to justify more game time at the age of 18

Â