Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Eventually we will try and improve in lots of positions. 

But for me, I was talking about priority for this summer and IMO that has to be out wide and up front. 

As we continue to improve and progress I agree, there are others who need to be improved upon. 

I think we all agree there.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

See above for my ideal window in attack. Lordy lord if that happened we would so exciting its unreal

Including the fullbacks, we'd have guile and creativity on the left, and pace and trickery on the right. Teams wouldn't know whether to stick or twist against us. With players like RLC and McGinn who can just drive forward with the ball effortlessly, we'd be great on the break too. 

I’m increasingly convinced that our main attacking targets are Watkins and Benrahma. Much less sure about Edoaurd than I was.

Not because I don’t rate him, just that Watkins can play no 9 and LW.

So whilst Wes is injured, Watkins plays no 9 and when Wes returns from injury Watkins reverts back to LW.

So to recap with Wes injured it’d be:

Watkins

Jack    Benrahma 

With Wes back it’d be:

Wes

Watkins   Benrahma 

(Jack playing AM)

39 minutes ago, hippo said:

OK - Slight bit of ITK - Apparently Calumn Wilson snubbed us due to personal terms.

Wonder if he is on shed loads at Bournemouth - and villa viewed him as a fringe player ? 

not sure about the first bit, but he is apparently on shedloads, yes. i've heard various theories ranging from 70k to 100k...either way he's on silly money and i can see him staying in the championship cause i dont see anyone paying him that

Am I the only one who would buy Watkins to play him wide left attack IF we could also get Edouard? Watkins is a grafter and will chase back more than Benrahma would. He could also be played down the middle if needed. 

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Who on earth is Villa Mole?

Id love both but I reckon it’s just one and Watkins is the most likely.

And if we signed both, no way would we also sign Rashica and Jack would play AM not LW.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I don't believe this guy knows anything.

But this wouldn't surprise me. I think we probably would want both.

In which case we'd probably only need to sign just 1 more winger, considering Watkins is more than adequate cover. Might even make good business sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If true, signals end of Davis and Samatta? 

davis, yes, samatta, no...we need additional forwards as things stand. we wouldn't sign 2 and then sell 2. davis i think will go on loan, i dont see samatta going anywhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I don't believe this guy knows anything.

But this wouldn't surprise me. I think we probably would want both.

Hence correlating with earlier post of "If Villa pay 25 mill for Watkins they might have to reign in" on certain other targets, money wise etc.