Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I didn't like Engels at all he is way too slow.

I would buy John Stones to partner Mings, he should be going quite cheap.

Genuine question, not being rude. Have you watched Stones with City? I wouldn’t pay any more than £10 million for him and then I would convert him to a holding midfielder. He can be borderline diabolical as a CB and that’s within a squad that’s top 10 in the world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSmith22 said:

Genuine question, not being rude. Have you watched Stones with City? I wouldn’t pay any more than £10 million for him and then I would convert him to a holding midfielder. He can be borderline diabolical as a CB and that’s within a squad that’s top 10 in the world. 

Yes I have watched him, his confidence is shot, never gets a proper run in the team and faces a different kind of play with a team much lower down the pecking order.

Here he faces constant pressure in the play rather than having to concentrate throughout when something suddenly happens out of no where.

it will work.

39 minutes ago, Enda said:

Good shouts, but Tom Heaton would like a word.

Eze, Billing, and Buendia are three who will be looking for a Premier League club. At least one of Mitrovic or Benrahma the same. I think there’s consensus that these sorts of players in the £25m range are who we should be looking at. (Apart from the FM nutters. They’re a whole other story.)

Tammy, Benrahma, Wesley & Davis would be 4 good strikers to have in an ideal world.

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

I didn't like Engels at all he is way too slow.

I would buy John Stones to partner Mings, he should be going quite cheap.

I seem to remeber that I read somewhere, tha his speed was measured to be one of the fastest in Premier League and found the link. Joint fourth with Kyle Walker, so I dont understand why people keep calling him slow?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/revealed-six-fastest-players-premier-league

3 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I seem to remeber that I read somewhere, tha his speed was measured to be one of the fastest in Premier League and found the link. Joint fourth with Kyle Walker, so I dont understand why people keep calling him slow?

Different types of speed maybe? Sprint speed, explosiveness, top speed and turning speed.

If a player is slow-ish out of the blocks then the top speed doesn't really matter much. Not saying Engels is either this nor that. So long since I saw him play I hardly remember anymore.

We probably need a goalkeeper as HEaton will miss start of season, maybe the rumours about Gollini returning might have something in it though would also indicate the terrible management of the past.

Anybody but Butland

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

We probably need a goalkeeper as HEaton will miss start of season, maybe the rumours about Gollini returning might have something in it though would also indicate the terrible management of the past.

Anybody but Butland

Why would Gollini leave Atalanta and come to us? Top team in Serie A, CL football again next season and in the national team for Italy.

Career wise he's perfect where he is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Anybody but Butland

I would try and keep Reina. I think him and heaton would be brilliant competing against each other

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Anybody but Butland

Reina for another season would be fine as No.2 to Heaton as we’ve seen an overall defensive improvement to Villa since Reina has come back into the team.

If Grealish does go to Man U I’d be looking at Tuwanzebe as part of any deal who is more solid than Stones.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I know we have good feelings about tuanzebe, but let's not forget he appears to be made of glass.

He was absent for half of last season with us due to injury.

He had also been injured for pretty much this entire season with manure.

I wouldn't take the risk if I'm honest, especially for the value they would likely put on him.

Yeah, rather give Konsa the time to develop and bring in a more solid and experienced CB to partner Mings if we stay up.

Mings, Konsa, Engels and a experienced CB is a solid roster. And then we also have Hause.

Tuanzebe would be a gamble due to the injuries and also make our CB's a bit too green. He'd also likely be expensive.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, rather give Konsa the time to develop and bring in a more solid and experienced CB to partner Mings if we stay up.

Mings, Konsa, Engels and a experienced CB is a solid roster. And then we also have Hause.

Tuanzebe would be a gamble due to the injuries and also make our CB's a bit too green. He'd also likely be expensive.

Yeah I think our 4 cb are probably one of the few areas of the team that doesn't need improving this window (when balanced against the other critical areas that do).

I think konsa, mings and engels are perfectly good for what we need, hause as 4th backup is OK also.

To preempt someone who jumps on me, I said don't need improving currently, as other areas of the team need improving first.

• Like 1

This time next week we will have probably already made a few signings - transfer window opens this Monday approaching. Clubs will be working on deals already knowing that the new season is due to start in a couple of months.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Anybody but Butland

Not sure on Gollini if they are playing CL football next season and all that.

The money rumoured for Butland I would top up and go for Nick Pope at Burnley as our No.1

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sne said:

I guess the same was said about Mings and his time at Bournmouth.

We would just need to look after him and let him train differently to the others if it means we get him 100% on match days.

I don't think he is a million miles away from what we need in a CB and I think £15m+ would be enough.

I would take the gamble hands down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I guess the same was said about Mings and his time at Bournmouth.

We would just need to look after him and let him train differently to the others if it means we get him 100% on match days.

I don't think he is a million miles away from what we need in a CB and I think £15m+ would be enough.

I would take the gamble hands down.

I wouldn't as he is quite similar to Konsa in that he's good on the ground and really poor in the air. If we bring in another CB I want him to be more experienced, better in the air and overall calmer and frankly older.

Mings is a leader of sorts but he's still learning the ropes at CB and I think we'd be helped with an experienced head next to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

He turns like an oil tanker

• Like 2