Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

These 'pep talks' the lads are having with themselves while losing matches are really something.

Never seen a pep talk erase a painful injury before, but Nadal's managed to do it twice over. Inspirational psychology

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Kyrgios into final. Nadal injured. Hands him walkover 

Yes bit of a letdown. The mens semi-final day at wimbledon on a friday is always one of the more special days on the tennis callendar. Dont see how Norrie will beat Djokovic . Djokovic has to have a major offday. The final should be interesting though. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes bit of a letdown. The mens semi-final day at wimbledon on a friday is always one of the more special days on the tennis callendar. Dont see how Norrie will beat Djokovic . Djokovic has to have a major offday. The final should be interesting though. 

I think Norrie is probably the most fittest player on tour but he is kinda basic and Djokovic doesn’t tend to lose to Norrie types ( no outstanding quality, decent at most things ) at this stage of slams. 

• Like 1

Sorry Rafa but any respect for you I had has gone. Even with your daft OCD shit you have to do before every serve or return.

You should have retired against Fritz, he deserved his chance. Nothing has happened to you in the last 24 hours to make you any worse. 

You know Kyrgios would have beaten you with his gob and under arm serves. You should have retired yesterday and given Fritz a chance 

54 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Sorry Rafa but any respect for you I had has gone. Even with your daft OCD shit you have to do before every serve or return.

You should have retired against Fritz, he deserved his chance. Nothing has happened to you in the last 24 hours to make you any worse. 

You know Kyrgios would have beaten you with his gob and under arm serves. You should have retired yesterday and given Fritz a chance 

Nadal got through that match on raw adrenaline. When that faded, he must of been in serious pain yesterday evening and today. It’s not Nadal’s job to do his opponents job for him. Fritz had to win if for himself and he couldn’t. If he can’t beat an injured Nadal he don’t deserve to be in the semi. Heard some shite this evening that Fritz should play Kyrgios. Wonder what Goffin, Garin and Sinner would say about that. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nadal got through that match on raw adrenaline. When that faded, he must of been in serious pain yesterday evening and today. It’s not Nadal’s job to do his opponents job for him. Fritz had to win if for himself and he couldn’t. If he can’t beat an injured Nadal he don’t deserve to be in the semi. Heard some shite this evening that Fritz should play Kyrgios. Wonder what Goffin, Garin and Sinner would say about that. 

Hey look pal it's my opinion. Nothing would have happened to Nadal overnight to make him any worse. He should have retired yesterday during the match.

Yes it's up to Fritz to beat him and he probably should have but Nadal shouldn't be suddenly unfit to continue now. The only shot that seemed to be affected yesterday was his serve and that's why he was broken more than he ever has been before (on grass). He should have given up yesterday or at least given Kyrgios a chance to embarrass him with some under arm serves and general shithousery. 

You are entitled to a different opinion which is AOK with me but Nadal should have quit yesterday.

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Fritz has come out and said he doesn’t want handouts. He had his chance against Nadal and didn’t make it. Personally I love Nadal’s competitive spirit making that a proper match despite knowing he was in a bad way. He’s the one who’ll deservedly get  the 2022 Wimbledon SF in his career stats.

8 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Hey look pal it's my opinion. Nothing would have happened to Nadal overnight to make him any worse. He should have retired yesterday during the match.

Yes it's up to Fritz to beat him and he probably should have but Nadal shouldn't be suddenly unfit to continue now. The only shot that seemed to be affected yesterday was his serve and that's why he was broken more than he ever has been before (on grass). He should have given up yesterday or at least given Kyrgios a chance to embarrass him with some under arm serves and general shithousery. 

You are entitled to a different opinion which is AOK with me but Nadal should have quit yesterday.

You mention this in both your posts, but I don't think you know that. As Johnny mentioned once the adrenaline wears off your body is in a very different state the next day.

Â