Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

10 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Why challenge him for this game, I know it's the competitors instinct but tactically very silly, and now he's injured himself.

Goffin determined to keep the crowd quiet, saying that, he's playing some good tennis, those forehands are on point.

Edited by sheepyvillian

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Griffin determined to keep the crowd quiet, saying that, he's playing some good tennis, those forehands are on point.

Griffin? I'm missing something

Djokovic and Nadal are ancient by tennis playing standards. How can they keep doing it. Like the effort Murray had to make to get to world number 1 literally destroyed his body after 6 months.

Edited by VillaJ100

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

Djokovic and Nadal are ancient by tennis playing standards. How can they keep doing it

Somebody else speculated PEDs 🤭

I'm not suggesting, but hey you never know. There has to be a reason these tennis players can perform at a high level much longer than other top athletes. It's no less punishing of a sport, in fact moreso in a lot of ways. Some players come out with arthritis and/or bugger all ligaments left in knees

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Somebody else speculated PEDs 🤭

I'm not suggesting, but hey you never know. There has to be a reason these tennis players can perform at a high level much longer than other top athletes. It's no less punishing of a sport, in fact moreso in a lot of ways. Some players come out with arthritis and/or bugger all ligaments left in knees

At this point there has to be something going on. Like Sampras got to 31 and was totally finished, early 30's used to be the max, Agassi went till 35-6 and couldn't walk for a while his back was that ruined. Mcenroe didn't win anything after age 25. Everyone was the same bar Connors who was a madman. But these guys are playing as though they are 21. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

At this point there has to be something going on. Like Sampras got to 31 and was totally finished, early 30's used to be the max, Agassi went till 35-6 and couldn't walk for a while his back was that ruined. Mcenroe didn't win anything after age 25. Everyone was the same bar Connors who was a madman. But these guys are playing as though they are 21. 

Yeah and it is very conspicuous that Djokovic absolutely tanked the first 2 sets, went for a toilet break and came back out playing like a man possessed by peak Federer.

Just now, est1874 said:

Yeah and it is very conspicuous that Djokovic absolutely tanked the first 2 sets, went for a toilet break and came back out playing like a man possessed by peak Federer.

"By"? I'm missing something. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

"By"? I'm missing something. 

Lol, don't be a petty eejit.

You totally misinterpreted my other post as being related to the match you're watching (Goffin/Norrie), and then you made a typo in reply and wrote Griffin. So I had no idea what you are on about, as I've been watching and commenting on Djokovic/Sinner the whole time. Whatever you're trying to say here now, not the same thing at all. 

Just now, est1874 said:

Lol, don't be a petty eejit.

You totally misinterpreted my other post as being related to the match you're watching (Goffin/Norrie), and then you made a typo in reply and wrote Griffin. So I had no idea what you are on about, as I've been watching and commenting on Djokovic/Sinner the whole time. Whatever you're trying to say here now, not the same thing at all. 

Oh, it's like that. I make a little joke and you resort to name calling. Get a grip and give your head a wobble. 

Don't give it if you can't take it. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Oh, it's like that. I make a little joke and you resort to name calling. Get a grip and give your head a wobble. 

Don't give it if you can't take it. 

🙄 Wind your neck in. Christ.

Â