Relegation thread

Knutserov13

57 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Have you watched West Ham? They're anything but physical. Watch em today against United. They just have quality players who produce the goods when they needed it most.

You mean they are Arsenal-Lite? 

If it stays like this the only thing West Ham will be playing for is to finish 15th instead of 16th. Even then it needs Brighton to not lose to Burnley. We really can’t blow this. 

edit: as soon as I type that West Ham Score! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Thing is West ham play better when they're relaxed.

What evidence is there of this? They've been under immense pressure since the restart, like all of us down there, and have managed to pull clear through the goals of one player. You could possibly argue that tonight they are relaxed for the first time this season through their superior GD and near-impossibility of going down. That's it.

• Like 1

I'd much rather play a West Ham with nothing to play for rather than West Ham fighting for survival any day. This idea that they're less good when the pressure is on doesn't really ring true, the pressure has been on them over the last few games and they've been getting results. They're winning today but they haven't been very good at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

What evidence is there of this? They've been under immense pressure since the restart, like all of us down there, and have managed to pull clear through the goals of one player. You could possibly argue that tonight they are relaxed for the first time this season through their superior GD and near-impossibility of going down. That's it.

Being forced to watch them for years due to family allegiances. My cousin is a season ticket holder.

What I really want is to stay up by 3 points so no one can bang on about the Sheffield United goal that should have been (whilst conveniently ignoring our Crystal Palace goal that should have been). 

• Like 1