Relegation thread

Knutserov13

38 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I seem to think their record against watford is poor anyway and I just cant see then being up for it. Nothing to play for and could rest players ahead of the cup final.

For me we need to forget about them, beat west ham by 2 and that should be enough. Anything less and it could be nervy.

It was but since Deeney did that interview where he said they're soft and playing Arsenal is easy as long as you put it up them, Arsenal have beaten them every time. Since then they're always up for it against Watford. It's almost as if questioning people's integrity pisses them off and they'll do what they can to prove you wrong.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

How do Watford dust themselves off and try to go from here? No manager, their third of the season recently sacked, just got smacked at home 4-0 and playing an Arsenal side that want to relegate them, fight for their place in the cup final XI and bounce back from a limp defeat, I'm that order. I can't think of a taller task.

I think Watford might be gone, its Bournemouth that are the bigger threat in my opinion

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

It was but since Deeney did that interview where he said they're soft and playing Arsenal is easy as long as you put it up them, Arsenal have beaten them every time. Since then they're always up for it against Watford. It's almost as if questioning people's integrity pisses them off and they'll do what they can to prove you wrong.

Arteta wont want to go into the final on 2 defeats so I think he will have them up for it 

• Like 1

If's and But's

Never in doubt.

Watford to lose to Arsenal

Bournemouth to draw to Everton

Aston Villa to beat West Ham

17 - Aston Villa - 37 points

18 - Watford - 34 points

19 - Bournemouth - 32 points

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So if West Ham lose 7-0 today and we beat them 6-0 on the final day they could easily go down if Watford do their business.

Actually if they lose 7-0 we’d only need to win 3-0 would we due to the swing?

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we stay up by one point imagine all the stick we would get from other clubs fans from that Sheffield United "incident"

Be **** brilliant wouldn't it?! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

If's and But's

Never in doubt.

Watford to lose to Arsenal

Bournemouth to draw to Everton

Aston Villa to beat West Ham

17 - Aston Villa - 37 points

18 - Watford - 34 points

19 - Bournemouth - 32 points

Never stop doing this. NEVER

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

I think Watford might be gone, its Bournemouth that are the bigger threat in my opinion

Did you see Foster's interview? Basically said the clubs a mess. I also interpreted it as f*** the owners.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Losing 2 games before a cup final is not great. Arteta will tweak things and certain players might be playing for their spot in the final. After last night they will be up for it more. 

Any team worth their salt would want to avoid finishing the season by losing to two bottom three teams in a row.

I also think currently Watford look a lot worse than us.

I'm more worried about us losing and Bournemouth beating Everton, than Watford to be honest.

• Like 3

I reckon if we’d beaten Everton, then we’d have thought that half the job was done and we’d have lost against Arsenal... putting Arsenal into complacency mode against Watford, setting us up to go down on the final day.

Instead, we’ve got a great chance to stay up, with Arsenal likely wanting to beat Watford for their pride.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Did you see Foster's interview? Basically said the clubs a mess. I also interpreted it as f*** the owners.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/watford/12033536/foster-confidence-is-crazy-low

Just watched it, all doesn't look well does it. I always think though Deeny and Foster can get them going and there is that horrible Blues element/twist so i dont count my chickens to much!

Just now, cb_82 said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/watford/12033536/foster-confidence-is-crazy-low

Just watched it, all doesn't look well does it. I always think though Deeny and Foster can get them going and there is that horrible Blues element/twist so i dont count my chickens to much!

Yeah I know and that's why I was so taken aback when Foster said it.

11 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Loved that interview.

Not often you see interviews so honest. Most of the time gives out the standard "It wasn't good enough, hopefully we'll get something on Sunday"

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah I know and that's why I was so taken aback when Foster said it.

I think us winning will knock their confidence further, it's no longer in their hands.