Relegation thread

Knutserov13

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Still in our hands. It's desperate and looks bleak, but remarkably, there is still hope.

In what way shape or form is us staying in the league still in our hands ?

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I honestly don't care about any of that. The fact is, if it remains this way with Burnley, provided we beat them on the last day, which I hope we still intend to do, there's essentially just 1 point between us. That's just a fact. Whether we will pick up 1 more point than them before the last day remains to be seen, but that's not the point. The point is, this isn't exactly insurmountable. 

I don't understand ? - you are factoring in that west ham get Zero points against Norwich and Watford ?

Have you seen Norwich play ? 

Knowing the cruelty we've had to endure, wouldn't surpise me if we climbed out of the bottom of three to allow us to taste freedom,  only to be then relegated on the final day of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

In what way shape or form is us staying in the league still in our hands ?

If we win 3 games we will probably stay up. So in that sense it is in our own hands ! But can we rustle 3 wins ? !!!!!! Doubtful !

Just now, AvonVillain said:

....the remaining fixtures. "In what way shape or form is us staying up" not in our hands?

We are 4 points behind Watford and West Ham. They have those points. It's in their hands.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

We are 4 points behind Watford and West Ham. They have those points. It's in their hands.

we have a game in hand and we also play West Ham so its in our hands

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

No, where did I say that?

Well we are 4 points behind west ham - and you said if we beat West ham on the last day that reduces the deficit to 1pt . .....unless I have misunderstood that means West Ham not getting any more points ...

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Newcastle have been in good form until tonight so what makes people believe Watford are a cert to beat them?

because according to some Watford and West Ham are the Barcelona and Real Madrid of the relegation battle while Villa are some minnow you just happen to be lucky

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Well we are 4 points behind west ham - and you said if we beat West ham on the last day that reduces the deficit to 1pt . .....unless I have misunderstood that means West Ham not getting any more points ...

I meant we have to beat West Ham on the last day, and before that time, we have to get 1 more point than them to finish above them. Given their fixtures and ours, it's not exactly easy, but it's also not exactly insurmountable.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

we have a game in hand and we also play West Ham so its in our hands

Ah the old game in hand chestnut. Of course only ever relevant if you win said game. We play a United team who look like they'd blow anyone away right now. I could roll out hypothetical scenarios too. We lose tomorrow. West Ham beat Norwich ( both fairly probable ) West Ham Watford draw. That last game might not be as significant as you think.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

CAN WE JUST CONFIRM WHO’S HANDS THIS IS IN. 

The team who has 4 more points than the other team despite game in hands. Don't quote me on that though. Just my 2 cents