Generic Virus Thread

villakram

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

Absolutely this. People become lost in bashing the tories to the point that they condone this behaviour. It’s indefensible.

The quote about blaming students for their own behaviour as being “utter nonsense” has absolutely blown my mind. It’s bordering on “she was wearing a shirt skirt so what does she expect”. 

Yes, because that really happened here didn't it. I guess it really is too much to ask that people read what was said. Hell just read the bit you actually quoted.

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes, because that really happened here didn't it. I guess it really is too much to ask that people read what was said. Hell just read the bit you actually quoted.

You’ve said several times that this behaviour is inevitable and that those doing it shouldn’t be held responsible for their own actions which I just cannot fathom. It isn’t the same as condoning it, sorry.

This behaviour isn’t inevitable though because it isn’t happening everywhere. I certainly don’t agree that students are living like prisoners or in a rabbit hutch and it being some kind of justification.

They don’t get a free pass from me because they, like the rest of us are working within difficult limitations.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Wales tightening up regulations from Friday 6pm.

And 24hr Primark for England.

I know the guy that runs a pub in Mach where we go a lot, he's been told today he's got to shut at 6pm starting Friday.

He can open from then on, but CAN'T SELL ALCOHOL. And has to close at 6.

Makes as much sense as one of @Designer1's foreign movies ;)

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

and that those doing it shouldn’t be held responsible for their own actions

Making it up again

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

This behaviour isn’t inevitable

Oh trust me, it absolutely is

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

because it isn’t happening everywhere

Isn't it? How do you know? Certainly been happening in Liverpool, Bristol, Nottingham, Manchester and those are just the examples I can remember in an instant.

I could get behind the initial drive for volunteers early on in the pandemic, when time was of the essence, and we needed to help a lot of people who were shielding at such short notice. I've received this email today though.

Royal Voluntary Service is working in partnership with St John Ambulance so that NHS Volunteer Responders can get involved through the following roles, and this is your invitation to apply by visiting: nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk/vaccinationvolunteers

There are three vaccination volunteer roles to choose from and you will be provided with NHS-approved training by St John Ambulance. As an NHS Volunteer Responder, you can begin your application with your GoodSAM Responder app login details.

• Volunteer Vaccinator - Under the supervision of healthcare professionals, Volunteer Vaccinators will be trained to deliver a vaccination to a patient. They will also be ready to act if a patient has an adverse reaction.

• Vaccination Care Volunteer - This role will support patients all the way through, from arrival to discharge. They will help patients get to the right place to receive their vaccination and provide first aid if anyone has a medical emergency.

• Volunteer Patient Advocate - This role will concentrate entirely on the welfare of patients, potentially looking after people and small groups all the way through the vaccination centres. If anyone has a medical emergency, a Volunteer Patient Advocate will be able to recognise it and get help quickly.

8 months or so later, they're now expecting people to take on this kind of work for free? And whereas before it was "install an app, you get notifications, and if you're free you can go and do a delivery for someone", they're now asking people to do 8 hour shifts. This is absolutely taking the piss, and in my view, taking what should be paid roles away from people during a period when unemployment is spiking.

Outrageous on several levels. I despise this government.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh trust me, it absolutely is

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Isn't it? How do you know?

Hypocrite warning.

Is it or isn’t it? I can’t possibly know that without exception all 106 UK universities are having idiotic parties of several hundred people but I’ll accept you’re correct that they are because you’ve given 4 examples  :thumb: 

Edited by Genie

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t possibly know that it isn’t happening in all 106 UK universities but I’ll accept you’re correct because you’ve given 4 examples  :thumb: 

A few more for you, Exeter, Essex, Salford, Bournemouth, Coventry, Ormskirk, Cardiff, London, Sheffield, Portsmouth

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It’s not like the ‘foreign’ movies you are a fine purveyor of are renowned for their complex plot lines is it? 😉

Errr, no :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I could get behind the initial drive for volunteers early on in the pandemic, when time was of the essence, and we needed to help a lot of people who were shielding at such short notice. I've received this email today though.

8 months or so later, they're now expecting people to take on this kind of work for free? And whereas before it was "install an app, you get notifications, and if you're free you can go and do a delivery for someone", they're now asking people to do 8 hour shifts. This is absolutely taking the piss, and in my view, taking what should be paid roles away from people during a period when unemployment is spiking.

Outrageous on several levels. I despise this government.

...wait until you see the vaccine roll-out.

The wife was a bit achey over the weekend and today seems to have developed a cough and tight chest so at 6:30 tonight we decided to get a test.

Next slot 7:30 tonight at B’ham airport. Very efficient service from booking to completing the test. Hopefully get the result tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

The wife was a bit achey over the weekend and today seems to have developed a cough and tight chest so at 6:30 tonight we decided to get a test.

Next slot 7:30 tonight at B’ham airport. Very efficient service from booking to completing the test. Hopefully get the result tomorrow.

Good Luck

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Next slot 7:30 tonight at B’ham airport. 

Thought you'd deported her just to be safe!

Fingers crossed for you both!

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Thought you'd deported her just to be safe!

Fingers crossed for you both!

Didn’t think of that 👀 

I’m sure it’ll come back negative but just to be onthe safe side.  Cheers though 👍

• Like 1

Â