Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, blandy said:

WTAF.

How do you place Slough, a medium seized town in tier 3 but not the surrounding area? They’re just throwing darts at a map aren’t they? I’d love to know the logic behind this, assuming there is any.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They’re just throwing darts at a map aren’t they?

Yes. Based, I imagine on if the local MP is Tory and threatening to rebel or stuff like that.

Apparently Lancashire where I am asked to be split into East and West but the Gov't said no, even though the rate are very different.

Its al down to central's government deep suspicion towards  local government, and they have never been given the tools or resources to fight this disease. Funding has been massively cut for a decade and they don't have enough tax raising powers themselves to fund the incoming massive cash shortfalls. Still we are all going to level up. Well some of us in nice houses with nice jobs in the nice parts of England.

When that much of the country is in tier 2 and 3, ending lockdown seems like a bit of a joke doesn't it?

"We're not in national lockdown, there are some areas of the country that are not even in tier 1"

"Do you mean the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.?”

28 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Honestly, this virus needs to **** off. I’m bored now. I’ve had a shit week, poorly mum, shitty week and a bit, I just need a break 😂😬

I think everyone is at the end of their tether on this now, there’s only so long you can keep listening to utter incompetence and bullshit.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

WTAF.

How do you place Slough, a medium seized town in tier 3 but not the surrounding area? They’re just throwing darts at a map aren’t they? I’d love to know the logic behind this, assuming there is any.

Part of Kings Norton is tier 3 and part is 2

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think everyone is at the end of their tether on this now, there’s only so long you can keep listening to utter incompetence and bullshit.

Exactly that. Mental health really struggling right now, proper battle, just need more normality back and less bullshit.

9 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Part of Kings Norton is 3 and part is 2

Part of Kings Norton is tier 3 and part is 2

One side of Maypole Lane is in Worcester and Tier 2, the other side is in Birmingham and is in Tier 3. There's a house that faces The Prince of Wales pub, the bloke that lives there won't be able to cross the road and go in but a chap in Worcester will be able to make the 20 miles drive out for a pint and a pie and chips.

• Haha 1

I’ve seen that it’s getting reviewed every 2 weeks but just seen “from the 16th” so does that mean we are in these tiers until the 30th? Barring the 5 day hugathon over Christmas.

First time in a long time I have 3 weeks off in December and I was going to be very Merry for a lot of it. 

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

South Wales police given extra powers to random stop cars this weekend around Cardiff to make sure people are complying with the covid rules. No non-essential travel in or out of Wales.

Any idea what happened at the weekend, sounds like some organised riot went down? 

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Fascinating grasp of the law there from Bristol Uni.

Apparently they’re going to have dipping chairs in the dock, any student that drowns will be declared innocent and have the fine reduced by 50%.

As the father of an ex-resident of Hiatt Baker Halls, a gathering of 200 people is just probably two blocks of the halls. They live on top of each other, there's probably 20 rooms to a floor 5 floors a block. A "gathering" of 200 people isn't really any different to them actually having to live there. 1 Kitchen to a floor / 1 shared toilet / shower room per floor. The gathering isn't going to make any difference

Worst Halls at Bristol Uni

• Like 1

Â