Generic Virus Thread

villakram

16 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Parties at venues where they know you won't get in without proving vaccinations and/or infection free so, basically, they've thought it through more than most of the critics out there !

So I'm at a gig tonight (in between sets) and they already mandate showing the covid passport. Except at doors, the app was **** and timing out for everyone, so they just had to wave us all in. What a **** joke.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

So erm....what exactly is an NHS Covid Pass and how do I get one?

Does this come through the app?

Not the NHS COVID app but the standalone NHS app.  For what it's worth, you can also order a paper copy of your pass from the NHS website - I took advantage of that when travelling to Gibraltar in the Summer just in case my phone decided to be a git. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah it’s on the app. 
There’s one for travel and one for domestic I think

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m currently of the opinion that while the jab shouldn’t be mandatory I’m more than happy to restrict the unvaccinated from mixing with everyone else and ruining it for everyone through their selfish actions. Why should they be able to go about life as normal? **** ‘em. Word removed’s. 

I don’t enter this thread much, what is the general reasoning behind people not having the Jab?

I see loads of brain dead conspiracy shit on social media that isn’t worth repeating, but amongst folk with half a brain, what’s the thought process?

Edited by av1

Just now, trekka said:

Not the NHS COVID app but the standalone NHS app.  For what it's worth, you can also order a paper copy of your pass from the NHS website - I took advantage of that when travelling to Gibraltar in the Summer just in case my phone decided to be a git. 

You can just download as PDF and print it yourself. I did that for Spain.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've been avoiding the app - the paper copy sounds useful, thank you @trekka

Looks like I'll need one for the Burnley game!

No worries.  I ordered mine as my home printer was out of ink (normally I'd use the office printer!).  Mine arrived within a week if I recall. 

Edited by trekka

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yes mate. You download the NHS app and once you go through security stuff you enter your medical history. 

There is an option to download your covid pass which comes through as a QR code, or you can request a PDF incase you’re worried about signal. 

Point to note, the pass refreshes every so often (I think it’s 30 days but haven’t checked mine recently so don’t quote me). As such the QR code will always be valid, but if you choose the PDF version it will have a expiry date. 

My company sells widgets on the internet. We have servers distributed globally, with failovers on a different cloud service such that it'd basically take a globally significant event to take the website down for anything longer than minutes.

The government service that will be mandatory to do basically anything has been **** for hours.

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Point to note, the pass refreshes every so often (I think it’s 30 days but haven’t checked mine recently so don’t quote me). As such the QR code will always be valid, but if you choose the PDF version it will have a expiry date.

Not true, the digital version has an expiry date, not only a date but a very specific end time too (it makes no sense but hey ho)

Just now, bickster said:

Not true, the digital version has an expiry date, not only a date but a very specific end time too (it makes no sense but hey ho)

I stand corrected. I just assumed that as it’s digital it automatically updated? 

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've been avoiding the app - the paper copy sounds useful, thank you @trekka

Looks like I'll need one for the Burnley game!

Ive just ordered my paper copy. 

Easy to do and should be here in 5 working days

• Like 2

Â