Generic Virus Thread

villakram

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

To try to put my point more briefly, rather than 'they have a strategy for this, even if I don't like it', I just think we're seeing people who have never been in this situation before struggling with a combination of denial, inertia and incompetence, and that as the case numbers rise and the former two are no longer possible, you'll start seeing the country put in place restrictions like those in the rest of Europe or Korea. The latter problem we can't do anything about, sadly.

This is what Bojo said about letting it run through the country.  

I’m not saying they have sat around in their best Eton top hats and cackled manically about killing a load of people, but they are deliberately letting it spread. 

There cannot be any question - look at what other countries have done/are doing and look at us and the states. 

It’s done and we are in for it, they haven’t even moved to delay, when it’s clear that it cannot be contained and we aren’t even trying to anyway. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Translation of a post by a Bergamo ICU  doctor. Pretty sobering stuff.

Meh, I went to 10 different towns yesterday, grabbed every door handle in sight, licked the elevator buttons in M & S, then finished off the night with a pub crawl and a gig. 

Big fuss about nothing if you ask me. 

• Haha 1

Slowly starting to appear cases in Sweden that they can't trace and with people who hasn't been in any of the dangerous regions or been in contact with people who has (as far as they can trace)

Also a case with a doctor in Stockholm who has apparently been working while infected and come in contact with tons of patients and other people. 20 of his colleagues has been sent home and quarantined so the already understaffed hospital is even worse off.

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

This is what Bojo said about letting it run through the country.  

I’m not saying they have sat around in their best Eton top hats and cackled manically about killing a load of people, but they are deliberately letting it spread. 

There cannot be any question - look at what other countries have done/are doing and look at us and the states. 

It’s done and we are in for it, they haven’t even moved to delay, when it’s clear that it cannot be contained and we aren’t even trying to anyway. 

We talked about this video clip at the time. I'm of the opinion that his comments look worse than they sound there; he's pulling a face while he says it, and ends with 'we've got to strike a balance', rather than '. . . and so that's our plan'. 

However, for the avoidance of any doubt, if their plan actually is simply letting the disease race through the population and letting the NHS collapse under the weight of cases, a] that's a very **** stupid plan that would damage his government enormously, and b] they won't carry it out to its logical conclusion anyway, because they won't be able to get through the political blowback when pregnant women can't get screening, when people are waiting 36 hours in A&E, when advanced leukemia patients are going without chemo, and they're all getting on to the One Show to talk about it.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Case announced in Cheltenham town too, good thing it is being contained and there wont be big crowds congregating there in the near future. 

Thank God people pay mostly by card now. I can picture one infected tenner going through hundreds of hands via the bar.

Coronavirus hate crimes happening now, there was the woman the other week and now a student in Harbourne has had his jaw broken in an attack....

Honestly some of the people in this country are absolute scumbags.... and I hope they do get it tbh.. 🛎 ends

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Thank God people pay mostly by card now. I can picture one infected tenner going through hundreds of hands via the bar.

Interestingly in China and Korea they disinfected money by using  ultraviolet light or high temperatures to sterilise the bills

So if ultraviolet works , then the population of Essex is 100% safe :)

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We talked about this video clip at the time. I'm of the opinion that his comments look worse than they sound there; he's pulling a face while he says it, and ends with 'we've got to strike a balance', rather than '. . . and so that's our plan'. 

However, for the avoidance of any doubt, if their plan actually is simply letting the disease race through the population and letting the NHS collapse under the weight of cases, a] that's a very **** stupid plan that would damage his government enormously, and b] they won't carry it out to its logical conclusion anyway, because they won't be able to get through the political blowback when pregnant women can't get screening, when people are waiting 36 hours in A&E, when advanced leukemia patients are going without chemo, and they're all getting on to the One Show to talk about it.  

It is the plan. How can anybody think otherwise? I’ve just watched the latest press briefing and all they’ve done is argue against the measures taken in places like Italy. 

No acceptance/mention of China/South Korea seeing dramatic reductions in new cases following actions taken. 

Even the ‘experts’ seemed to be well briefed on the script to stick to. When questioned about checks at airports, the only response was to mention a handful that got past the check, but had it anyway. I fail to see why that means we shouldn’t be checking passengers coming in from infected areas. If we stop 100 people with it and 1 gets through, surely that’s better than 101 coming in with it, whilst we are supposed to be in ‘containment’ phase? 

Edit: I’m not saying they are planning to crash the NHS, but they are going to let it run through and hope for the best (which will crash the NHS!) 

Edited by wazzap24

Â