The Royal Family

Genie

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Your at a a nice restaurant having a nice romantic meal and about to propose to your girlfriend, a geezer storms in and shouts, "your all snobs, I live on the streets and can't afford a coffee, look at you lot spending £200 on dinner". It's okay though you personally respect him, cause it's a public place and he has the right to speak out. Don't matter he has ruined the moment.

A restaurant is a private establishment not a public place.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

A restaurant is a private establishment not a public place.

You get the picture. Change it to outside the restaurant then, it's all the same. You need to have a bit of decorum in certain situations,  but some people just have no idea.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The protestor shouted "while we struggle to heat our homes, we have to pay for this parade". 

On those lines your analogy should actually read that the guy runs in and shouts:

"I live on the streets and can't afford a coffee, why am I being forced to help pay for your £200 dinner."

Personally I reckon he'd have the right to object to that and I'd feel ashamed to be taking whatever money he did have off him. 

Why are you helping your employer live in a million pound house, drive a Porsche and go to Barbados every year, while you go to butlins and live in a 2 bed terrace. Do you go shout at him infront of the other employees. 

Stop trying to justify this guys acts, he was a ****. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why are you helping your employer live in a million pound house, drive a Porsche and go to Barbados every year, while you go to butlins and live in a 2 bed terrace. Do you go shout at him infront of the other employees. 

Probably because I'm self employed. 

In your scenario though, again I wouldn't be expected to spend 10 days mourning my employer if he died and wouldn't be forced to contribute to their funeral costs. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't get why people are saying maybe Charlie boy doesn't want to go along with the pomp and circumstance.

How is he being forced to do it.

He's the King. He could say no. 

This is about his mom mainly, not him. Maybe he’ll strip all this out for when he goes, time will tell.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The guy had a right to say what he did, but others have the right to think he was a word removed for doing so. 

Completely agree. But others also have the right to challenge their opinions and try to stimulate healthy debate. 

Not saying you're saying they can't. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

This is about his mom mainly, not him. Maybe he’ll strip all this out for when he goes, time will tell.

So she wished to be mourned for 10 days at a high cost to taxpayers during a energy and cost of living crisis? 

When my wife goes she wants to be stuffed and put on the sofa with a disapproving look on her face. As much as I love her that ain't happening. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

So she wished to be mourned for 10 days at a high cost to taxpayers during a energy and cost of living crisis? 

I guess so, as you say she was the Queen so could have changed it if she wanted.

43 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Fair play to the guy though, at least he actually did something and wasn’t sat behind his phone getting angry about an establishment that’s been going for over 1000 years, and will no doubt still be going long after we’re all gone. Have a good day all and God Save the King

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I mean part of the problem here is the Monarch assuming the role of my employer.

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I mean part of the problem here is the Monarch assuming the role of my employer.

I could buy that if it was not for the fact of the billions of pounds in tourist revenue she has brought in to this country during her reign

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Not very well if the last few days are anything to go bye

Hahaha holy shit.

France - whatever happened to them?

don’t worry I’m about to pay my mandatory minutes respect at football in an hour to thank them for enriching my life with tourism

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I could buy that if it was not for the fact of the billions of pounds in tourist revenue she has brought in to this country during her reign

I didn't realise she was working the gift shop at the Palace.

I guess that's alright then... 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Oh this argument again. Because nobody goes to Versailles since they took care of their royals.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't get why people are saying maybe Charlie boy doesn't want to go along with the pomp and circumstance.

How is he being forced to do it.

He's the King. He could say no. 

He could, but then would things be changed so inheritance tax might apply? I mean how many billions has he just inherited tax free? So while the rules that apply to us don’t apply to him, he has to do a load of pomp and nonsense in return.

• Like 1

Â