Who would you LIKE to go down

TrentVilla

Who do you want to go down the most?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to go down the most?

• Birmingham
    • Newcastle

A week today Birmingham meet Newcastle at the Sty in what could prove to be a crucial game in the battle to avoid slipping into the Chumpionship.

If Newcastle win they are as good as safe and Blues (depending on other results) could be in real trouble. If Blues win it will give them breathing space and more importantly really drag Newcastle right into the fight.

This led me to ask myself the question who would I prefer to go down? Its a tricky one, on one hand I'd love to see Blues back were they belong but on the other can you just imagine if King Kev took them down???

I spent most of last night thinking this one over after agreeing to watch the game in the pub with a Blues mate safe in the knowledge that whatever the result I would enjoy it.

Overall I think I'd opt for Newcastle to go down for the sheer comedy value as even if Blues stay up they will always still be shite. Over to you folks, am I losing it? Should I want Blues to go down over the Geordie nation?

Newcastle, without a doubt. Even if Blues stay up, they'll be relegation strugglers until they eventually slip down, whereas this is our only opportunity in the foreseeable future to see the barcodes go down; if they stay up the next manager won't **** up nearly as much as this clown has.

Newcastle. Small Heath will never be that good and it's good to have the derby. Newcastle meanwhile are a laughing stock driven by rabid delusions of granduer. It'd be hilarious to see them go down, and best of all regardless of the money I don;t think they'd easily come back. It'd also show what prats the Geordies are, they lapped up 'King' Kev's return, buying the shirts with his name on the back and the little cardboard crowns. Allardyce wasn't doing well but it was crazy to sack him and then even more insane to replace him with a bloke that a)doesn't know how to deal with their biggest problem, the defence B) has been out of the game for some time and looks completely out of his depth (because he is) and c) then choose to bring in a loud of execs for no apparent reason other than some ham fisted way of trying to make things better, but which in fact made things infinitely worse by undermining whatever authority Keegan had.

So Newcastle it is for me, bring them crashing to back to earth with a very heavy Geordie bump.

I look at it like this:

Newcastle have the potential to eventually be in a position to damage our aspirations (taking European spots from us), though they've had the potential to be at that level for years and haven't really done anything with it.

Blose having that potential? You're having a laugh.

Accordingly, Newcastle going down is better for us: it buys us still more time to put them further into our rearview mirror (and a relegation will almost certainly result in King Kev being sacked, another Big Name Manager being brought in, another all-new scheme and set of overpriced mercenaries... we're talking at least two years before Newcastle is comfortably midtable, by which time, if things go according to the 5-year plan, we should be challenging for Top 4). If Blose don't get relegated this year, none of their problems are likely to be solved (the facts that none of their fans show up for games and they have an ownership group that seems, well, reluctant to invest serious money into the squad and is instead looking for the nearest exit perhaps being chief among them), and they'll get relegated next year. Newcastle going down is the sort of twice a decade occurrence of a Big Club ® getting flushed down the toilet (cf. Nottingham Forest and Leeds United) that it would be sheer folly to pass up.

EDIT'd to complete my final sentence...

Cant believe that more would prefer newcastle to be relegated than the scum! I dont like newcastle but I ******* hate the scum!

For me its the fact that as others have said its a one off with Newcastle, they won't be this bad again and will more than likely sort themselves out to become a rival. Blues on the other hand will always be down there.

Newcastle.

It's far more interesting if they go down. Plus i enjoy the Derby games. Plus i rate Milner and a few of their other players so would be glad if we could get them in.

But if Blues go down then i will of course take joy from that, it's not as if i dont want them to.

I look at it like this:

Newcastle have the potential to eventually be in a position to damage our aspirations (taking European spots from us), though they've had the potential to be at that level for years and haven't really done anything with it.

Blose having that potential? You're having a laugh.

Accordingly, Newcastle going down is better for us: it buys us still more time to put them further into our rearview mirror (and a relegation will almost certainly result in King Kev being sacked, another Big Name Manager being brought in, another all-new scheme and set of overpriced mercenaries... we're talking at least two years before Newcastle is comfortably midtable, by which time, if things go according to the 5-year plan, we should be challenging for Top 4). If Blose don't get relegated this year, none of their problems are likely to be solved (the facts that none of their fans show up for games and they have an ownership group that seems, well, reluctant to invest serious money into the squad and is instead looking for the nearest exit perhaps being chief among them), and they'll get relegated next year. Newcastle going down is the sort of twice a decade occurrence of a Big Club ® getting flushed down the toilet (cf. Nottingham Forest and Leeds United) that it would be sheer folly to pass up.

EDIT'd to complete my final sentence...

Exactly. This may be the only time Newcastle are so close to relegation. It's not often that all the cards fall into place so nicely to allow a 'big' side to slip through the trapdoor.

If they don't do down this year, I don't expect them to go down any time sooner.

Whereas with Blose, they'll always be tinkering with relegation. And eventually, after a run of 3 or 4 years in the league will go back down.

Blues are rubbish, and they know it.

The deluded geordies who think they are a big club and are spoonfed media hype everyday, on the ther hand, believe it.

Bye bye Newcastle.

Â