Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 16 of 38)

zab6359

11 hours ago, terrytini said:

My personal favourite moment was at the Walkers when we’d started the season unbeaten under MON and they accidentally got an opera singer on at half time who sang the “ we are unbeatable “ song 😂 (La Donna  e mobile).

This also happened when we went to Chelsea in the cup we hadn't been beaten for about 6 or more games. The traveling Villa fans out sung the opera singer. We went on to lose 4:1 :(

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Image result for wait what gif dog

Hilarious.

We have Conceeded 24 goals. That’s one to three worse than half a dozen sides, as good or better than another half a dozen.

Having played 7 of the Top 10 away.

Against the sides in the lower half, we’ve Conceeded 6 goals in 7 games.

I said “ decent” not outstanding.

So, actually I’ll revise that. Not hilarious. 

Edited by terrytini

23 minutes ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

Been scrolling through reddit this morning and this popped up

Leicester’s away form: 

P-7 W-4 (sheffU, s’ton, palace, brighton)

D-1 (chelsea) L-2 (manu, l’pool)

like others have said I’s take a point right now

Those are great stats, I too would take a point right now!!

• Like 1

Think it will be fairly even. I don't think we are a pushover for any team at this point. But will be interesting. I quite like watching Leicester play. Very good footballing side. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villianusa said:

We need to keep possession tomorrow while keeping compact in defense. I'll go with this team.

VillaLei12819.PNG

Trezeguet in for Jota and we’re on to a winner, I don’t think Konsa has done anything wrong to be dropped either 

Please, for those going to the game sing your hearts out and encourage the players, remember some of us cannot attend regularly. 

Making Villa Park an unwelcoming destination for opposition teams will help us through the season. 

I said this before the Newcastle game and it seemed to work so being superstitious now!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Please, for those going to the game sing your hearts out and encourage the players, remember some of us cannot attend regularly. 

Making Villa Park an unwelcoming destination for opposition teams will help us through the season. 

I said this before the Newcastle game and it seemed to work so being superstitious now!

its been like that all season.

• Like 1

I have been belly aching on here about tightening up and we need to......However,I think the only way to win this is outscore them.

I don't think, we are capable of defending our way out of this.

Vardy has too much pace a guile and is on fire, so we will have to be at our best at the back to stop him.

Edited by TRO

53 minutes ago, TRO said:

its been like that all season.

Dunno, sounded to me like Everton at home was better than Newcastle! 

Just need a bit more so I can hear you all in Aberdeen 😉

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Trezeguet in for Jota and we’re on to a winner, I don’t think Konsa has done anything wrong to be dropped either 

Not picked his man up in the last two games as cost us two goals, Rashford and Tammy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, terrytini said:

Our defensive “ shortcomings” have been massively over exaggerated by some, who, in the main, appear to have not noticed who we’ve been playing recently.

We are a decent side defensively, and a very good side offensively.

Just as I thought it was unrealistic to expect Chelsea to extend an untypical losing sequence, I think it is unrealistic to expect Leicester to continue this purple patch.

The result doesn’t matter, the performance does, but I’m extremely hopeful we will get both. In fact I think we will Win well.

I don't care if we win 1-0.... a deflection off the refs arse.

I just hope we make them work for everthing they get and not hand it on a plate.

I don't care how we play......just want 3 points

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1