The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Apart from he didn't actually do this of course. His dad had previously been invited by Channel 4 to be there. They even sent a private car to pick him up to take him to discuss a climate debate..

From what I’ve read from the C4 guys, Boris sent an email saying the Tory party would not be participating in a Climate Debate and hence C4 had not expected Gove to turn up in his place. In the video I watched Gove and Boris’s dad are negotiating for Gove to be on TV instead of Boris. 

What have you seen? 

11 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Apart from he didn't actually do this of course. His dad had previously been invited by Channel 4 to be there. They even sent a private car to pick him up to take him to discuss a climate debate..

And Gove being there? Thoughts?

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a leaders debate

Not taking sides but who defines it as a "leaders debate" ? Who gives a **** what a poxy channel wants to call something.  

The more the "Leaders" who turned up for that program talk on any issue the bigger the Tory majority will be IMO,  they are looking like team Scumbag College at the moment.  Hopeless.

His biggest weapon (Boris) now is too keep quiet and let this lot keep gifting him the election.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And Gove being there? Thoughts?

If it was leaders only then it should be leaders only. No real issue with that but Stanley was invited there by channel 4 to discuss the debate as he is a rather passionate environmentalist so making out that "he sent his dad" simply isn't true. Not really sure of the point of the whole debate really though as all parties seem pretty much the same on climate change, the only real difference between them is the date they wish to do things by.

• Like 1

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Not taking sides but who defines it as a "leaders debate" ? Who gives a **** what a poxy channel wants to call something.  

The more the "Leaders" who turned up for that program talk on any issue the bigger the Tory majority will be IMO,  they are looking like team Scumbag College at the moment.  Hopeless.

His biggest weapon now is too keep quiet and let this lot keep gifting him the election.

This is very true, if he went on holiday now and stayed off telly, he will walk it even more than he is up to now. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

If it was leaders only then it should be leaders only. No real issue with that

And your opinion on Gove bringing his own camera crew and making a propaganda video to post on Twitter about it?

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Really unsure on your point.

It was a Leader's Debate. Johnson was invited. Stated the Tories weren't coming. Then Gove comes, with camera crew fully knowing he won't be able to participate, and creates a propaganda video on the back of it.

Come. Don't come. But don't do this shit.

It's chilling tbh. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And your opinion on Gove bringing his own camera crew and making a propaganda video to post on Twitter about it?

Really unsure on your point.

It was a Leader's Debate. Johnson was invited. Stated the Tories weren't coming. Then Gove comes, with camera crew fully knowing he won't be able to participate, and creates a propaganda video on the back of it.

Come. Don't come. But don't do this shit.

It's chilling tbh. 

My point was that people, Including the channel 4 editor Ben De Pear claiming that Boris had "sent his dad" was simply untrue. Hence the original post i quoted. Not sure what is complicated about that...

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

My point was that people, Including the channel 4 editor Ben De Pear claiming that Boris had "sent his dad" was simply untrue. Hence the original post i quoted. Not sure what is complicated about that...

Okay fine. I agree FWIW.

Now answer my question.

14 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

His biggest weapon (Boris) now is too keep quiet and let this lot keep gifting him the election.

Then why are they so upset. The channel can design the debate and define the parameters as it sees fit.

Listening to Johnson on Nick Ferrari.

In a nutshell:

Won't release Russian report into interference in our politics even though 'there's nothing there'

Won't go on Neil because 'I want to talk about my policies and not the media'

Says that people are misquoting him on his words about kids from single mothers. Even directly to a single mother who called him out for it.

How can anyone listen to this empty shell and think 'yep he's our PM'.

We are ****.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's chilling tbh. 

OK,  but.  Hypothetically...

If the situation was reversed with Corbyn on course to get leader of a minority government but only had 2 point lead and would be able to stop Brexit.

If the choice for Corbyn was go on and maybe come off badly and then Brexit goes ahead or would you want him at home guaranteeing a stop on Brexit ?

Would you risk Brexit for channel 4 ?

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

OK,  but.  Hypothetically...

If the situation was reversed with Corbyn on course to get leader of a minority government but only had 2 point lead and would be able to stop Brexit.

If the choice for Corbyn was go on and maybe come off badly and then Brexit goes ahead or would you want him at home guaranteeing a stop on Brexit ?

Would you risk Brexit for channel 4 ?

What's the relevancy?

I'm talking about Gove creating a propaganda video.

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Okay fine. I agree FWIW.

Now answer my question.

Honestly don't think what Gove did is any worse than what C4 did. You can't really say that commisioning an ice sculpture with a melting image of the planet above a party logo & putting out a statement that boris had sent his dad to argue on his behalf isn't propaganda too...

Someone doesn't turn up? Just take away the plinth and make a statement about it at the start of the show. The whole empty chairing stuff is just rediculous

Do you honestly think they would have done the same if Swinson/Corbyn had been unable to turn up for some reason?

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

In a nutshell:

Won't release Russian report into interference in our politics even though 'there's nothing there'

Says that people are misquoting him on his words about kids from single mothers. Even directly to a single mother who called him out for it.

We are ****.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

In a nutshell:

We are ****.

Still won't confirm how many children he has and why he won't acknowledge them.

Normally I don't like these kinds of personal things being brought up but as a bloke with my first child on the way I consider it a question of character as a man. You father a child, you acknowledge them and take care of them. To me it just proves that he can't be trusted to act with integrity.

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Honestly don't think what Gove did is any worse than what C4 did. You can't really say that commisioning an ice sculpture with a melting image of the planet above a party logo & putting out a statement that boris had sent his dad to argue on his behalf isn't propaganda too...

Someone doesn't turn up? Just take away the plinth and make a statement about it at the start of the show. The whole empty chairing stuff is just rediculous

Haha ok.

We expect so little from the PM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Still won't confirm how many children he has and why he won't acknowledge them.

Normally I don't like these kinds of personal things being brought up but as a bloke with my first child on the way I consider it a question of character as a man. You father a child, you acknowledge them and take care of them. To me it just proves that he can't be trusted to act with integrity.

This was important. It was in the context of his comments on single mothers raising 'aggressive, ill-raised and ignorant children'. Obviously these comments were taken out of context, even though he wrote them exactly as written.