Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

When Taylor plays we lose so much attacking threat. Sigh.

He’s like a sea anchor, just drags the whole team back and out of shape. He can defend but that’s nowhere near enough. 

unlucky AEG! 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

It's baffling that we don't have an academy player better than Taylor.

I've started to feel sorry for the guy. He thinks he's shit himself, and doesn't really want to be out there. Wonder what he'd do if he scored a goal somehow?

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's modern footballers. Wouldn't last a week in the leagues we grew up 

Oh come on. there's half a dozen examples in this game of players easily falling to the floor easily, and I can get behind criticising them.

I reckon being twatted in the chin by a stray elbow probably bloody hurts though. He was just checking to see if it drew blood, he was hardly milking it.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Really? What do you see in him?

At least AEG runs like Ronaldo.

AEG is a bit of a horse. Little bit harsh on him, but I mean he's a strong, fast runner down the wing.

Trez is clever. More cut inside and lay a pass off, like a better Jota.

As an aside, this is one of the worst football matches ever. Shocking stuff. Can't believe we're not winning 5-0.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Are Wolves trying to get thrown out of the cup, sure they are deliberately screwing up if not one could only hope there first team plays like this agsinst us in the league.

I'd be fuming if that was us.

However it wouldn't be under Smith, even if we had the kids out we'd be having a go. This is embarrassing. Their big day out as well. 5,000 behind the goal and they have to sit and watch them have 20% of the ball.

This is game over if McGinn comes on. He'll make or score a goal in about 3 minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, smg said:

Taylor = scapegoat.  International footballer picked by numerous professional managers  in his career yet universally slated by the experts on vt

He’s been a good defender, no doubt. I don’t think many would argue he offers much going forward, which is pretty fundamental at this level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smg said:

Taylor = scapegoat.  International footballer picked by numerous professional managers  in his career yet universally slated by the experts on vt

Taylor is crap, we don't need a fifa licence or coaching badge to figure that one out.....