Happy Christmas or something (2019)

lapal_fan

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if she’ll do the same as last year and come out with broad platitudes about it being harder for everyone, sat in her palace with a gold piano in the background.

Or just stick with the obvious doubling down on paedo sex trafficking being unbecoming behaviour.

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I've just had a bag of brussel sprout crisps and they were lovely. Just tasted like a really mild wasabi without any of the heat.

I like sprouts and I like crisps but they just sound wrong

42 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I've just had a bag of brussel sprout crisps and they were lovely. Just tasted like a really mild wasabi without any of the heat.

Which figures. Apparently, liking or not liking sprouts is a genetic thing, related to a particular trace element which is present in both sprouts and horseradish. I'm in the 'love them' camp - I actually like to put horseradish sauce on sprouts! 

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Which figures. Apparently, liking or not liking sprouts is a genetic thing, related to a particular trace element which is present in both sprouts and horseradish. I'm in the 'love them' camp - I actually like to put horseradish sauce on sprouts! 

Can you like horseradish but hate sprouts?

That's me.

I try one every Xmas, hoping my taste buds will grow to like them (I used to hate olives until I forced myself to like them, now I love them) but it's always rank.

Less than a month now.

Might have to volunteer with the homeless at some point on the day itself.

I'm sure it's one of the better times of year for them, considering it's the middle of Summer and people might be more generous.

Still though, having the constant reminder that family and loved one's are celebrating all the things that these people don't have must be tough.

my rule was 1st sunday of December, whilst watching elf, so this sunday is ok

not doing one this year, im back in the UK for xmas so don't see the point in going nuts here, probably just some lights

my german missus isn't sold on the big day being the 25th no matter how many times I tell her the idea of father Christmas coming in to your house at 6pm on the 24th whilst you eat a family meal is utter utter bollocks, I think she'll be home sick for the day which means no boozing for me (I don't really anyway, hangover on xmas day is too much)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

my rule was 1st sunday of December, whilst watching elf, so this sunday is ok

not doing one this year, im back in the UK for xmas so don't see the point in going nuts here, probably just some lights

my german missus isn't sold on the big day being the 25th no matter how many times I tell her the idea of father Christmas coming in to your house at 6pm on the 24th whilst you eat a family meal is utter utter bollocks, I think she'll be home sick for the day which means no boozing for me (I don't really anyway, hangover on xmas day is too much)

Germans be cray!

Anywho, buying the tree Saturday, decorating saturday.

For the past 15 or so years, I've had Gabby Agbonlahor as my angel.  

Now he is a retard, I'm thinking Jack Grealish?  I hope he lasts for 10 years! :)  

47 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Germans be cray!

I was there last year, its really **** weird, you have to sit there all day, maybe go to church in the morning, then have a big family meal, all the while knowing your presents are going to be opened on the evening, I don't get it, the missus wont have it any other way, as a kid how do you build the excitement? how do you enjoy the day? ours just seems like an easier lie to tell them and by and large the present side of it was done in my house by 7am so you can move on to the other bits, like eating and getting pissed

the 23rd is a non event, the 25th is then like boxing day, boxing day was another non event

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I was there last year, its really **** weird, you have to sit there all day, maybe go to church in the morning, then have a big family meal, all the while knowing your presents are going to be opened on the evening, I don't get it, the missus wont have it any other way, as a kid how do you build the excitement? how do you enjoy the day? ours just seems like an easier lie to tell them and by and large the present side of it was done in my house by 7am so you can move on to the other bits, like eating and getting pissed

the 23rd is a non event, the 25th is then like boxing day, boxing day was another non event

With so many movies and the language barrier no longer really a thing, doesn't that make their kids question Mr Claus earlier and earlier? 

Â