Happy Christmas or something (2019)

lapal_fan

not sure

they also do the 6th December which is when st nick comes round your house and puts sweets in your shoes, then on the 24th they do it on the night apparently out of the belief that the day starts at 5pm rather than 12, so the day he was born is anytime after 5pm on the 24th, the weinachtsmann (our santa claus) visits on the 24th at that time, if you don't question Jesus then maybe you don't question the weinachtsmann , strange how when your parents deem you old enough they only tell you the truth about the 1 fictional character

seems to lack the magic and replace it with religion which I can understand but not really like, fortunately my missus isn't religious so I think I can twist her arm on our kids in the future, going to bed on the 24th excited and dreaming of what's going to be there in the morning is Christmas as a child for me

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

With so many movies and the language barrier no longer really a thing, doesn't that make their kids question Mr Claus earlier and earlier? 

There are some advantages to ruthless efficiency

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I was there last year, its really **** weird, you have to sit there all day, maybe go to church in the morning, then have a big family meal, all the while knowing your presents are going to be opened on the evening, I don't get it, the missus wont have it any other way, as a kid how do you build the excitement? how do you enjoy the day? ours just seems like an easier lie to tell them and by and large the present side of it was done in my house by 7am so you can move on to the other bits, like eating and getting pissed

the 23rd is a non event, the 25th is then like boxing day, boxing day was another non event

Sweden is the same. We do a Swedish Christmas on Christmas Eve then an Australian Christmas on Christmas Day. Best of both worlds. 

• Like 1

Sort of sad I'm never in England for Christmas. I'm not religious but I have fond memories.

I've actually been looking at the Christmas day TV line ups  from when I was a kid. I have intense memories of those holidays with family visiting and the TV was always the background.

Nostalgia for sometime long past I guess.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Sort of sad I'm never in England for Christmas. I'm not religious but I have fond memories.

I've actually been looking at the Christmas day TV line ups  from when I was a kid. I have intense memories of those holidays with family visiting and the TV was always the background.

Nostalgia for sometime long past I guess.

I was in Baltimore over ThanksgivIng in 2017. What was really odd for me was that the networks at Prime Time would put on things like Racoons Christmas or The Grinch. I could never imagine 8pm on ITV Charlie Browns Christmas. 

Edited by Seat68

Work wise things have ground to a halt already. 4 meetings today all cancelled. Wish I'd worked from home today.

I am working from tomorrow and have Friday off so kinda breaking up later today for a full 2 weeks off. Can't wait.

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Genuinly the first Christmas I have nobody to spend it with. 

I am not that big on Christmas, so no biggie, but it just dawned on me 😂

Never done that, having a child there is always someone thankfully.

27 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Off to Birmingham on Saturday for 10 days. Christmas in the metropolis of Kings Heath is going to be nice with my kid. 

Boxing Day I'll be at the Villa. Which I'm looking forward too more than Christmas itself. 

Welcome back to the Heath! Enjoy your stay here 😄

Â