Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

19 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Any good youngsters to buy?

ait-nouri, ihatteran psv amc, yari something or other from Anderlecht, armini from Lazio, theres a 16 year old attacker at lyon, striker at inter, Hungarian central midfielder at Salzburg, haaland, Bellingham at blues...

none of them cheap, the lyon kid, Bellingham and another one I cant remember are all available to sign with compo

• Thanks 1

I've ploughed on, finished 9th in my first season, had a huge clear out and brought in over £100m in sales, the biggest being £40m for Mings, my current team looks like this:

Maignan

Meunier           Konsa                Engels              Itter

Florentino Luis

Luiz                     Bellingham

Mahrez (loan)                                              Grealish

Boadu

Notable players on the bench who are either wonderkids or look like they could be are Abdulkadir (right winger), Ait-Nouri, Armini, Trincao and Bella-Kotchap.

I'm 12 games into my second season and am second, beating Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City, so looking good. My squad cost loads to assemble, Luis alone cost like £37m and sell on %. What I've learned is that Wesley is **** useless, couldn't hit a barn door, he's currently on loan at Sampdoria and hopefully they will sign him. Boadu is an absolute beast but will only get going in his second season or so. Trincao is a bargain, can be signed cheaply at the beginning and has great stats. 

Also watch out what the big clubs are doing, good players become surplus very quickly. I managed to get Meunier for £4.5m in January of my first season and Mahrez on loan in my second season. Maignan, a very solid keeper and better than Heaton signed for £7m and is at a very good age.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:00, mikeyp102 said:

Was bored last night so paid for the mobile version. Finished 9th in first season with villa. Not bad. Eventually stumbled on Konsa at dm and he was good there.

Any good youngsters to buy?

I played the mobile version last night too. What's your starting eleven?

I spent every penny I had on Haaland and went with 4-1-3-2 with Nakamba in DM (Konsa backup), Grealish, McGinn and Douglas in midfield, with Wesley and Haaland up front.

Things went great for the first six matches or so, then I didn't win anything for ten matches. Haaland and Wesley both went scoreless. So I responded as any sane individual would... turned it off, deleted the app, and went to bed in a huff 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What I've learned is that Wesley is **** useless, couldn't hit a barn door

He started to perform on mine when I worked out you could change instructions in each position tactic. As a target man in a front two he has done great. Second season 12 goals and 8 assists in 10 appearances. 

1 hour ago, Enda said:

I played the mobile version last night too. What's your starting eleven?

I spent every penny I had on Haaland and went with 4-1-3-2 with Nakamba in DM (Konsa backup), Grealish, McGinn and Douglas in midfield, with Wesley and Haaland up front.

Things went great for the first six matches or so, then I didn't win anything for ten matches. Haaland and Wesley both went scoreless. So I responded as any sane individual would... turned it off, deleted the app, and went to bed in a huff 😂

Well I’m one of those that rushes through things, just playing to fill in some time. But I have noticed that you have to change formation every 5 games or so. I’d do very similar win 5 in the bounce then lose 6/7. So you have to freshen up all the time, which is a little annoying. 

Tried for haaland but spurs blew me out the water. Signed Ginczek (German striker) and Hwang Hee Chan from Salzburg. 

Started off in a 4231, changed to 433 and then first season finished on 4312. Tried as much as possible to get Jack in at number 10. First season he top scored with 13 goals and top assists 10. Ungrateful basterd now wants to leave to be challenged more. Chelsea bid £20m so I told them to jog on.

Signed Eric Garcia from city at CB, he was £30m odd, but as a ball playing cb he is class  hasn’t had a rating below 7 in 20 appearances 

• Like 1

Just finished my first season with Villa. Finished a respectable 9th. Board are very happy. Got a £55m budget off the bat now. 

Signed Verchaeren attacking mid from Anderlecht. Wonderkid for around £20m. 

Looking at a keeper, tempted by Angus Gunn as Soton have been relegated. After a Centre back to partner Mings. Looked at Sarr, Upchaemeno (sp) and Mere, but either priced out as too expensive or in the case of Mere he’s waiting for a move to Atletico. Will monitor him. Rob Holding has good stats and is available so might have a look at him. 

Edouard finished with 20 league goals for me. Newcastle offered £30m for him, and all mid table teams are interested 🤣 jog on! 

I will have a bit of a clear out. Elmo, Jota and Chester (free) already on their way. 

Also after a left back. Looking at Ittner from Leverkusen, I think it is. 

Edited by villan-scott

On 10/12/2019 at 22:18, Hornso said:

Believe this has just come out on the Switch. Going to have to have a look at it.

This any good? Much change from last year? Got last year’s and was a bit annoyed that something as simple as attribute masking wasn’t an option.

I knocked it on the head and started a bayern one 😂 justified by them sacking the manager in real life

Bought about 8 under 19s and will develop them all to see what's what, won the league but was inconsistent, Liverpool destroyed me in the CL, 2 of the worst games I've had in years of FM

Still gearing up for a post Jan window villa long game 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2019 at 09:49, villan-scott said:

@villa4europe I have tried searching for Ait-Nouri but he’s not on my database 😔 Just signed Itter for £17m inc add ins, about £12m upfront.

Ill have a look at Rúben Dias. Not come across him yet. 

Hows your save going? 

I have Itter and he's very good. I sold Targett for £10m to help make up for the fee. 

Dias looks like a monster but will cost a lot, went to United on my save for like £40m, but does look worth it! I'd definitely look at Armini from Lazio, I have him and have been loaning him out, shaping up to be a defensive master in terms of marking, tackling and heading, physicals good too - especially pace, positioning a bit week and certainly not a ball playing centre half. I signed Bella-Kotchap from Bochum, now about to break into my first team, only 18 with great physical stats, good defensive ones too and very good passing and first touch for a centre half, I signed him for under £10m.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I have Itter and he's very good. I sold Targett for £10m to help make up for the fee. 

Dias looks like a monster but will cost a lot, went to United on my save for like £40m, but does look worth it! I'd definitely look at Armini from Lazio, I have him and have been loaning him out, shaping up to be a defensive master in terms of marking, tackling and heading, physicals good too - especially pace, positioning a bit week and certainly not a ball playing centre half. I signed Bella-Kotchap from Bochum, now about to break into my first team, only 18 with great physical stats, good defensive ones too and very good passing and first touch for a centre half, I signed him for under £10m.

Nice. I’ve kept Targett as the understudy for now. Signed Clyne on a free to cover Guilbert. I’ll check out Bella-Kotchap. 

I signed Edson Alvarez for £30m inc add ons for my centre back starting spot with Mings. He’s been away at the Olympics though so not played him preseason or in the first few league games. 

Arsenal and Utd came in for Grealish for £35m, no chance fellas. Made no major sales this window. 

On 14/12/2019 at 20:48, tomsky_11 said:

This any good? Much change from last year? Got last year’s and was a bit annoyed that something as simple as attribute masking wasn’t an option.

Sorry, haven't had a chance to get into it yet. Will let you know when I do...

• Like 1

Had a poor start to my second season, which is only just picking up now. I’ve been conceding for fun, so dropped Mings for Engels to play alongside Alvarez, I’ve also put Konsa into DM instead of Nakamba and Luiz, and had 3 clean sheets and won 3 in a row. 

Finding myself enjoying this years version, and getting into it properly which is good. Planning long term with Villa, all being well! 

Still in the market for a good keeper to displace Heaton if anyone has any good suggestions?!

36 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Had a poor start to my second season, which is only just picking up now. I’ve been conceding for fun, so dropped Mings for Engels to play alongside Alvarez, I’ve also put Konsa into DM instead of Nakamba and Luiz, and had 3 clean sheets and won 3 in a row. 

Finding myself enjoying this years version, and getting into it properly which is good. Planning long term with Villa, all being well! 

Still in the market for a good keeper to displace Heaton if anyone has any good suggestions?!

I signed Wuilker Farinez for £2.5m

• Like 1

Milan have offered £78m for Edouard in 2021 January window. £58m up front the rest in instalments. I’d pocket £43m into my budget due to sell on % and money to Edouard as a loyalty bonus. 

Do I accept?! Signed him for £18.5m last summer. Scored 20 last season and on 16 already this season. Dilemma! 

Edit - Chelsea came in too, offered £77m up front and £13m in add ons. Offer accepted by the board. Once complete I’m going after Haaland. £26m release clause. 

Edited by villan-scott

Â