Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

It's really quick, I expected a huge drop in depth but its an absolute gulf

the biggest problem I have is stuff like the condition always being 100%, the game moving so fast and the way its displayed it feels like it's hard to make in game tweaks, no team talks, doesnt feel like I actually have to do anything... Its like fifa when you sim all the games 

40 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Signed Brewster on loan, signed Jarrod Bowen and Edouard in my first window. Still in pre-season. Sold Nyland, Kalinic, Taylor, Lansbury and Kodjia. 

@avfcDJ is that Gylfi Sigurdsson?! 

Having trouble getting rid of players, now put of transfer window but hoping to get Bowen in January.

No, not Gylfi 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Having trouble getting rid of players, now put of transfer window but hoping to get Bowen in January.

No, not Gylfi 😁

Bowen has been class for me so far. 3 in his first 2 games. Beat Newcastle 3-1 at home then lost 4-3 away at Southampton after being 4-0 down. 

• Like 1

I started with inter and not arsenal for a change 

signed vignato and a young left back called ait something, both reasonable prices too (!) 

Zebre running away with the league (wasn’t expecting the license thing to go beyond fifa, not sure what Juve are after but think it’s a misstep) but the competition after them is really good, lukaku is pish, unfortunately so is Martinez, inters a good long game though, buy young wait for Juve to drop off slightly then dominate 

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bit the bullet and got touch, it's much much better 

I’ve been looking at Touch as I don’t have a laptop currently and don’t want to shell out for one just for a game. What are the main differences? Anything major missing from the main version? I assume it’s quicker to process etc. 

A lot of short cuts taken out, no team talks, no media stuff (which I think is shit anyway) slightly smaller database so I loaded 3 leagues knowing I'd use the other 2 just for youth scouting, not sure on game engine cos I'm old school text screen anyway but goal replays look decent, the staffing options aren't as deep

Well bought this and must admit, given it's been my first FM in like 7 years I'm pretty bamboozled about all the stuff you can actually do. That said I spent a good 8 hours on it yesterday.

I had a massive clear out and signed

Gian-Luca Itter

Myron Boadu

Jude Bellingham

Trincao

Omur Abdulkadir

I've played two actual league games and drew 1-1 away to Palace and 0-0 at home to United. Main worry seems to be up front - not sure Wesley will score many, Boadu isn't going to be ready to start for a while. 

8 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I always have trouble figuring out who I want to start with when the game comes out. This year has been no different 

Throw away game with a decent team, usually arsenal for me, this year inter, scout like mad, nail the tactics, then move on to probably a psg game where I go for top of the hall of fame, or maybe a barca game which is at times more challenging than it sounds, then and maybe then I'll consider myself ready for a Villa game after the real Jan transfer window

Those that start with villa are mad 

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I always have trouble figuring out who I want to start with when the game comes out. This year has been no different 

Always lowest playable league in England for. Leamington Spa this year. At this point, having played various iterations of FM that way for so long, anything else feels like cheating. 

Qualified for the CL, got a transfer budget of £70m, haaland and grimaldo already signed up

Got another 4 games to go and the cup final vs juve, was unbeaten for 32 games... Then lost to AC Milan and juve back to back, Ronaldo scoring a penalty in the 92nd minute in a convincing 2-0 defeat, in my head I know exactly how much he celebrated, juve will win the league, I've drawn too many games

Vignato is a great signing, also got 2 in from psv in Jan, amc who's name begins with V and I can't spell and a LW called doku, both good, lukaku and martinez both shit all season, politano is the star

Edit: also if you want a decent RB who can cover LB I got henrichs for £4m and sensible wages 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I’m 7 league games in, and still in the Carabao Cup. League form is decent. Won 3, drew 1, lost 3. Sat in 11th. 

Whats worrying me is the lack of goals from my forwards. Not a single goal for Edouard, Wesley or Brewster. 

Need to fiddle with the tactics to start getting them goals somehow. Not conceded in 4 now, after shipping a fair few earlier in the season. 

Â