Football Manager 2020

Villaphan04

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's part of the reason I stick to text only

I don't understand why that would be relevant - but, also, text only isn't worth it on these games.  Might as well just stick to updated 03/04 versions tbh.

text only is still the best way for me, that's how the game is meant to be played, always will be, its a stat driven database blah blah so I sit there and watch the split of all the stats and judge for myself how my team are performing and where they need to be better, the whole draw of the game for me is my imagination whilst reading the text and then anoraching over the rest

the 3D game engine and replays etc are just full of faults because its still limited, your players keep missing the same 1 v1 and keep scoring the same 30 yard screamers and your keeper still looks like he gets down to the corners too slow...all of that is the limitations of the 3D match engine not the game itself, spare yourself the pain and don't watch it, you cant judge performance by it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

text only is still the best way for me, that's how the game is meant to be played, always will be, its a stat driven database blah blah so I sit there and watch the split of all the stats and judge for myself how my team are performing and where they need to be better, the whole draw of the game for me is my imagination whilst reading the text and then anoraching over the rest

the 3D game engine and replays etc are just full of faults because its still limited, your players keep missing the same 1 v1 and keep scoring the same 30 yard screamers and your keeper still looks like he gets down to the corners too slow...all of that is the limitations of the 3D match engine not the game itself, spare yourself the pain and don't watch it, you cant judge performance by it

Some of it is buggy (see: 1-on-1's) but a lot of it is where your tactics fall down/work well.   You simply don't see it with text commentary.  Text commentary is better for quickly getting through the games - and, obviously, it's fair enough if that's what you prefer.

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same here. I'm actually playing the free cm01 version at the moment and it's a joy. All the old names etc.  There is an updated database around online that I'll get around to fetching at some point. 

I did like the 2d on the 2007 version as it still left a lot to the imagination. 3D just looks a bit off and jars with me. Getting old or something...

• Like 1

exactly the same, the 3D engine is that unrealistic in terms of movement etc and just general look I cant watch it and think its accurately reflecting anything, I definitely cant watch it see my left back get skinned and think oh he's not got the pace of the right winger maybe I need to set him a bit deeper...I can see that in the stats screens but no way in the 3D engine, I just watch it and think the animations are shit rather than the player

I watch the key highlights in 2D, gives me an idea of where I’m being exploited, or I can exploit. 

I agree with the 3D highlights being pish. Can’t watch those. 

In other news I’ve found a nice cut out face pack on sortitoutsi, which I’m downloading now. All 14gb of it!! Hopefully I can extract this one and get it into the game! Makes it much more enhance with badges, faces and kits IMO. 

My god my team can't defend. I've had short players outjumping Mings 😂

So many goals from crosses, so many headed goals, I am letting in around 3 a game right now. 

Just lost 5-1 to Everton, 5 headed goals, I don't know what Davies is like in the air, but he got a hatrick.

Help!

Edited by avfcDJ

Finally getting goals from Edouard, tweaked to going a bit more direct and getting balls into the box early, and he’s got 3 in 3 now and Wesley has chipped in with 1. 

Enjoying the game. Played 13, won 6, drew 2 (inc a point at Stamford Bridge!) lost 5. Sat 7th in the league. 

• Like 1

Went a bit nuts pre season, £200m out £250m in, signed skriniar to a new deal too, shifted a load of deadwood and most of my 3 star players to China, signed Everton from olympiacos, chiesa, haaland, grimaldo a central midfielder I can't even remember, ampadu or whatever his name is from Chelsea 

Can't shift lukaku and I think the main disappointment for me with inter is gagliardini hasn't been as good as he was on the last game 

Need to loan a good young keeper as back up and I'm done 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

2nd season with inter, 10 games left 11 points clear, out of the cups, won 20 league games in a row

Haaland is a monster, martinez is still disappointing 

Good work. My progress is a little slower due to time constraints! Still in my first season but going well. 9th heading into Christmas. Had 2 poor games in a row losing to West Ham 3-2 and Liverpool beat me handsomely 5-0. Followed that up with a 3-1 win Vs Brighton tho. 

Not too happy with Heaton so looking to improve there, any suggestions welcome. 

On 30/11/2019 at 08:35, villa4europe said:

My missus is really busy at work, going to bed at 8.30-9pm every day, I am not... Haven't had a really bad it's 4am how did I get here type session yet

Thinking about getting new one but will let bugs settle down and stuff I think.

Once played a network game for over 50 hours solid at uni. When the sun was coming up for a second time someone pulled the plug and demanded we had to stop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Thinking about getting new one but will let bugs settle down and stuff I think.

Once played a network game for over 50 hours solid at uni. When the sun was coming up for a second time someone pulled the plug and demanded we had to stop.

They’ve just updated and patches the game today. Eradicated a lot of the bugs in game. My striker can actually score a 1v1 now! 

Having signed Bowen and Edouard I’m glad I did. 13 and 15 goals each by the end of Jan. I’d be struggling without them. Wes has 1! Trez is the best other contributor with 8. Sat in 9th and going well. 

Planning my summer window now. Thinking another winger, a left back and maybe a keeper. Maybe another centre back too. I’m conceding far too many. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My only "bug" seems to be penalties, I win maybe 20+ a season, score maybe half of them (penalty takers around 15 usually) I've had a game where I've won 3 penalties 

Funny. I’ve only had 2 all season. Man City have had 10!

Â