Cameron Archer

Zatman

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Whether we decide to sell or not is one thing but they’ll definitely be loads of interest in Cam this summer. I think we may receive some pretty big bids. All 3 promoted clubs will surely be interested, plus maybe some already in the PL. 

I expect us to resist of course but he is strengthening his reputation every single week now. If anybody offers anything close to £30m, it would be very tempting I’m sure.

If we want to get a decent fee for him, it has to be a PL club that buys him.  I don't believe any Championship team spent more than 10M total on transfers this season - with most spending zero.  Ultimately, hope he plays for us.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Whether we decide to sell or not is one thing but they’ll definitely be loads of interest in Cam this summer. I think we may receive some pretty big bids. All 3 promoted clubs will surely be interested, plus maybe some already in the PL. 

I expect us to resist of course but he is strengthening his reputation every single week now. If anybody offers anything close to £30m, it would be very tempting I’m sure.

You can see how different parts of his game are coming together now. Adding strings to his bow.  He is a very very shy kid but you can see a little bit of arrogance/ confidence now that all strikers need. He knows he can kill at this level now.  He isnt plateauing . Just getting better and better. 

• Like 1

Literally don’t know what we do with him next season. Reality, he’s not gonna dislodge Watkins, yet. He’s too good for the championship. Ideal scenario is Boro get promoted and loan him to them again. 

Just now, Villa87 said:

Real conundrum but what a good one to have. Keep him and play him in the Bailey role, loan him to a prem club or sell him for £25 million+

Boro will loan him again if they come up. Will save them a fortune and with him and Akpom as their forwards, that allows them to spend elsewhere. 

Just now, Villa87 said:

Real conundrum but what a good one to have. Keep him and play him in the Bailey role, loan him to a prem club or sell him for £25 million+

The thing none of us know is how Emery rates him. 

Just now, PaulC said:

We keep.him. Archer and Watkins could be a lethal strike force. Could work unlike Ings and Watkins 

They’re too similar. They like to play off the shoulder and find space in the box. The striker that plays alongside Watkins will be one that likes to drop deep and knit the play - like what Buendia is doing now but I imagine someone a bit faster and stronger. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

You can see how different parts of his game are coming together now. Adding strings to his bow.  He is a very very shy kid but you can see a little bit of arrogance/ confidence now that all strikers need. He knows he can kill at this level now.  He isnt plateauing . Just getting better and better. 

👀

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Literally don’t know what we do with him next season. Reality, he’s not gonna dislodge Watkins, yet. He’s too good for the championship. Ideal scenario is Boro get promoted and loan him to them again. 

If we get Europe he 100 percent stays. Plus it is very difficult to buy number 9s these days .  They are in really short supply. Would be mad to sell even for 20 mill as to find another even slightly better would cost double or more. 

On 20/04/2023 at 14:11, CVByrne said:

He is massively over performing his xG and xAG which is a mild concern. 

Oh my god. I am seriously anxious now. In fact I'd go as far as to say I'm positively shittting myself. 

I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep until he's underperforming his xG and xAG. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re too similar. They like to play off the shoulder and find space in the box. The striker that plays alongside Watkins will be one that likes to drop deep and knit the play - like what Buendia is doing now but I imagine someone a bit faster and stronger. 

But we could play an extra 10 matches next season with possibility of Europe and a domestic cup run. Also Watkins might not stay fit like he has all season. It feels to me like next season Archer would be ready for the premier league and cups.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If we get Europe he 100 percent stays. Plus it is very difficult to buy number 9s these days .  They are in really short supply. Would be mad to sell even for 20 mill as to find another even slightly better would cost double or more. 

I think this is the reason we'd be crazy to sell him at this stage. Maybe he won't make the step up to premiership quality but I think to cash in now would be insane.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We keep.him. Archer and Watkins could be a lethal strike force. Could work unlike Ings and Watkins 

Both right footed and like to play between the CBs so I don't think they'd make a good partnership. I don't know. 

I'd send Duran or Archer on Loan next season if we didn't get Europe 

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

They're not similar at all. Archer makes runs in the ilk of Ings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Both right footed and like to play between the CBs so I don't think they'd make a good partnership. I don't know. 

I'd send Duran or Archer on Loan next season if we didn't get Europe 

I’d agree they seem very similar, big problem for Archer is that Watkins never seems to get injured and is the fittest player at the club. That said if we do manage to get into Europe there will be plenty of games to go around. Key point for Archer and the rest of the kids will be if they can sufficiently impress in pre season because as he keeps telling us our Unai is very demanding! 

Â