Cameron Archer

Zatman

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's not match fit, needs to be introduced off the bench to get mins. He's only had a handful of mins last week. Be patient, at PNE he had 2 sub appearances and one start in his first 3 games when he was fit and in form from the EFL cup games with us. 

Mate at work is a Boro season ticket holder and he said he doesn’t see where he fits into how Carrick likes to play, unless he changes his system when Archer is fit of course. 

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

Mate at work is a Boro season ticket holder and he said he doesn’t see where he fits into how Carrick likes to play, unless he changes his system when Archer is fit of course. 

I think I trust Danks and Carrick's views about where he fits in over your mate. No offence. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WHY said:

This already looks like a pointless loan imo. Can’t get into a team that are starting a midfielder up top. We need to make sure when we are loaning players they go to the right clubs. Currently we just seem to send players anywhere as long as they pay their wages, doesn’t seem to be any real thought it to where players go. This one and the KKH loan just didn’t make sense to me. 

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

So Carrick likes to play with a midfielder up front?

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think I trust Danks and Carrick's views about where he fits in over your mate. No offence. 

None taken, just watching their game now and to be honest I don’t think you will see the best of them in this system but like I said I’m sure they will have a plan.

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Barely played a game all season in fact I don't think he's played any minutes at all apart from a few sub minutes.

A boro team that are flying and people think Archer should rock up there and immediately start.

The arrogance of the PL.

I guess it’s more that we could’ve picked a better club where he was more likely to get minutes 

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Barely played a game all season in fact I don't think he's played any minutes at all apart from a few sub minutes.

A boro team that are flying and people think Archer should rock up there and immediately start.

The arrogance of the PL.

Not at all, hence why I thought it was a bad loan move. It wasn’t like they were struggling to score goals either. A lot of our recent loans have been badly managed from our side imo. 

He's 21 years old not a baby. He's played football before like Kaine Kesler. God forbid a professional footballer tests himself to get in a decent side.

When we said 17 or 18 years old out at bad levels who've played no football and don't kick a ball that's a problem.

Archer and KKH have been around the block. They're not babies in football terms and I'm sure they want to test themselves

12 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I guess it’s more that we could’ve picked a better club where he was more likely to get minutes 

Think we just got unlucky here really. I don’t think playing a centre mid up top was intended to be a long-term strategy for them. He had only been playing up top for them for like 2 games before Archer came in. Boro probably strongly considered the possibility that this experiment wouldn’t work and they would need a proper striker starting for them at some point. We loaned them archer with the expectation that this would happen, which it still might.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Once he gets in their team and gets going he will be a regular as he's the best forward they have. He can play through the middle as main striker, out wide, or as a second striker, so plenty of scope for him to fit into their team, especially as Akpom is playing as a ten as well.

Understandable they he didn't get straight in as harldy played any football this season, and they've been on a very good run of form, so need to rush him from their point of view.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 02:02, Laughable Chimp said:

Right now, Archer seems to be competing with a guy called matt crooks for the starting centre forward position. A player who has primarily played central midfield his entire career, that middlesbrough have decided to try up front very recently for some reason. Unfortunately for Archer, he’s been on form ever since with 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 championship games. 

The other main competitor I can see is Chuba Akpom, last month’s Championship player of the month. Only reason I think he isn’t playing centre forward for them is because they prefer him playing in attacking midfield but he can and has slotted in as a striker for them this season.

My point is, his pathway to the first team there isn’t the clearest and he might need to wait a whole before he can consolidate that starting position for himself.

They have Matthew Hoppe as well who had an ok time in Bundesliga a few seasons back, though Archer has come on before him today

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have Matthew Hoppe as well who had an ok time in Bundesliga a few seasons back, though Archer has come on before him today

Never heard of him before. What a bizarre career he’s had going from scoring goals in the Bundesliga at 18 to not even getting gametime at middlesbrough now.

There were actually other forwards middlesbrough had that I didn’t mention in my original post because based on their form, they didn’t seem like they’d be competition to Archer. I didn’t notice Hoppe as he’s had even less gametime than these guys I didn’t mention.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â