Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

I think that 12-1 defeat against Forest was an anomoly as game before that they beat Wolves 2-0 who are top of their league and they're a midtable side, so not bad relative to other teams on their level. A big gap between WSL and tier 3 of women's football, albeit I'm not sure we would have expected to quite be six up at half time, and sounds like it should have been more.

I'm glad we got double figures, sounds silly but after we'd score five after twenty minutes almost felt disappointing to be only winning by seven after seventy odd minutes. Good to see Megan Shaw and Georgia Mullett get some game time, hopefully we get another good draw in the next round.

Glad we ended up going as was in two minds. But my boys buzzing coming home at seeing an 11-0 to Villa. Biggest win of any villa side I think I've ever been to was 7 against Wimbledon. 

This Villas womens side is really exciting to watch now, and the matchday experience is good too. Getting to meet the players after for photos and autographs is great for kids. As I dont think kids necessarily see the players hugely different to the mens in that respect.

One thing i didnt get tonight was that there wasnt any time added on in the second half. When there was plenty of stoppages, about 7 subs, 6 goals etc. Its the second game I've seen recently where this has happened. Is that a thing, or am I imagining it? I.e. just finish it as it doesnt need anymore time. I'm actually thinking though now the other one might have been the villareal friendly which had no stoppage time despite 10 subs and a few injuries. It doesn't really matter, I just didn't think that added time you could be selective around playing from a ref perspective.

30 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Glad we ended up going as was in two minds. But my boys buzzing coming home at seeing an 11-0 to Villa. Biggest win of any villa side I think I've ever been to was 7 against Wimbledon. 

This Villas womens side is really exciting to watch now, and the matchday experience is good too. Getting to meet the players after for photos and autographs is great for kids. As I dont think kids necessarily see the players hugely different to the mens in that respect.

One thing i didnt get tonight was that there wasnt any time added on in the second half. When there was plenty of stoppages, about 7 subs, 6 goals etc. Its the second game I've seen recently where this has happened. Is that a thing, or am I imagining it? I.e. just finish it as it doesnt need anymore time. I'm actually thinking though now the other one might have been the villareal friendly which had no stoppage time despite 10 subs and a few injuries. It doesn't really matter, I just didn't think that added time you could be selective around playing from a ref perspective.

This happens pretty often doesn't it? It was 11-0, added time would have been pointlessly prolonging the humiliation. 

Â