Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

I'm sure we would like to sign Hanson on a permanent deal but I would be surprised if Man Utd were prepared to let her go. Will be a shame to lose her if that is indeed what happens, but we've shown that we can attract good players and have been excellent in the transfer market over the last three windows, not just the big names but the less glamourous signings like Anna Leat, Danielle Turner, Anna Patten, Rachel Corsie, and so on have all done really excellently as well, so I'm sure we will find a good replacement if need be.

Edited by useless

England won 4-1, Anna Patten scored one of the goals.

Patten been on loan with us for over a year now, I think this summer Arsenal will have to make a decision on her, either keep her for their squad or let us buy her.

18 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

back on the bench tonight not even in has full back  is manager not picking her  because of big clubs syndrome

I doubt it. Just spreading the minutes around the squad and resting her. She might make an appearance but Villa have a game on Sunday so I’d be happy for her to sit this one out. 

• Like 1

West Ham equalize in injury time, have to play extra time now.

Such a shame as sounds like we were dominant, but not getting the second goal has cost us.

Edited by useless

We've had more than twice as many attempts at goal than them, eleven shots on target compared to their two, will be a travesty if we don't win this game. We've brought off Daly now as well so won't have her to take a penalty should it come to that.

Match goes to penalties, we've subbed off three players who probably would have taken one, Daly, Hanson, and Lehmann. Hopefully Daly if injured isn't too bad, hopefully just a precaution. If we lose now not taking any of our chances to score a second when we had so many compared to them will have cost us.

Good mental strength from the players to win on penalties, especially without Daly, Hanson, and Lehmann, and after dominating the game in normal and extra time, when it went to penalites West Ham must have thought that they had a great chance.

Great to see Hannah Hampton score what was essentially our winning goal as well.

Through to the Quarter-Finals now, if we can avoid Chelsea or the two Manchester clubs in the next round, then we will have a good chance of progressing to the semi-finals, Lewes and small heath probably the easiest fixtures, one of those two or Reading or Brighton will do.

Just now, useless said:

Good mental strength from the players to win on penalties, especially without Daly, Hanson, and Lehmann, and after dominating the game in normal and extra time, when it went to penalites West Ham must have thought that they had a great chance.

Great to see Hannah Hampton score what was essentially our winning goal as well.

Through to the Quarter-Finals now, if we can avoid Chelsea or the two Manchester clubs in the next round, then we will have a good chance of progressing to the semi-finals, Lewes and small heath probably the easiest fixtures, one of those two or Reading or Brighton will do.

Did you go to the match? I’ve had to follow it on Twitter.

Â