Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

On 29/01/2023 at 21:48, turvontour said:

Glad we ended up going as was in two minds. But my boys buzzing coming home at seeing an 11-0 to Villa. Biggest win of any villa side I think I've ever been to was 7 against Wimbledon

This Villas womens side is really exciting to watch now, and the matchday experience is good too. Getting to meet the players after for photos and autographs is great for kids. As I dont think kids necessarily see the players hugely different to the mens in that respect.

One thing i didnt get tonight was that there wasnt any time added on in the second half. When there was plenty of stoppages, about 7 subs, 6 goals etc. Its the second game I've seen recently where this has happened. Is that a thing, or am I imagining it? I.e. just finish it as it doesnt need anymore time. I'm actually thinking though now the other one might have been the villareal friendly which had no stoppage time despite 10 subs and a few injuries. It doesn't really matter, I just didn't think that added time you could be selective around playing from a ref perspective.

Ooh, ooh, I was in the Holte End for that one!

14 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Ooh, ooh, I was in the Holte End for that one!

You know what, I actually dont think I was at this game, I think it was a five nil against Wimbledon again a couple of years later. We dont really ever hammer teams. I'm not sure of our biggest winning margin of the last 30 years, but cant be more than 6.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

You know what, I actually dont think I was at this game, I think it was a five nil against Wimbledon again a couple of years later. We dont really ever hammer teams. I'm not sure of our biggest winning margin of the last 30 years, but cant be more than 6.

There was a 5-0 against Swindon in the PL around this time? 

That was a fun one, too. 

27 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Liverpool 😜

22 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

There was a 5-0 against Swindon in the PL around this time? 

That was a fun one, too. 

My first ever game.

On the womens we seem to doing a good improvement every year

Olivia McLoughlin loaned to small heath for rest of the season, confused and surprised by that, she's proven over the last two and half seasons that she's more than good enough at this level, so doesn't need to go to a lower league to develop, and we've used her plenty this season so it's not as if not getting game time, and we don't exactly have a big squad either..

Edited by useless

On 31/01/2023 at 18:03, useless said:

Olivia McLoughlin loaned to small heath for rest of the season, confused and surprised by that, she's proven over the last two and half seasons that she's more than good enough at this level, so doesn't need to go to a lower league to develop, and we've used her plenty this season so it's not as if not getting game time, and we don't exactly have a big squad either..

What the f*** is going on, we loan them one of the best young midfielders in the WSL and their video introducing her is a video dissing us, I won't post it here but shows a video with the caption 'that's better' and in the video her in a Villa top and then someone from Stranger Things comes and clicks his fingers and it changes to her in a small heath top. I would cancel the loan just for that.

• Like 1

This happened in September 2021, he was suspended and resigned, we say we contacted the relevant authorities immediately, I think the story is that those authorities didn't investigate him further.

11 hours ago, useless said:

This happened in September 2021, he was suspended and resigned, we say we contacted the relevant authorities immediately, I think the story is that those authorities didn't investigate him further.

Yeah it looks like we took the right action as a club but its after it was reporter by us that nothing was properly investigated.  If he did this he is a utter weasel. For him to resign tells you everything about this douche

Carla Ward on Olivia McLoughlin: 

"Olivia is a massive part of what we want to do in the future. She’s at a point in her career where game time will be massively beneficial for her development. She’s a wonderful talent."

AVWFCOfficial Twitter

Glad to hear it when we let her go on loan, when somewhat short on numbers ourselves, and small heath had the audacity to make that tacky ungrateful disgraceful video, it made me wonder if she might be leaving at the end of the season for some reason, her leaving didnt' really make sense though, as signed a long-term contract in October, and if she was leaving permanetly in the summer would have just gone to that club in January, wouldn't have been small heath, would be a WSL team, but still good to get it confirmed.

Edited by useless

22 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Just tried to get tickets for tomorrow's game. Loads when I looked yesterday but now all sold out :(

Are you talking about the men's or women's match?

Do the women's team sell out Bescot for any of their matches?

Edited by ender4

Â