Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Ooh Everton losing 5-0 at half time at Chelsea! We started the day with the same GD as Everton: 3. Suddenly we're 10 goals above them! And I can see goal difference perhaps keeping us 5th place on the final day as they still have a game in hand.

Edited by robby b

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

She is amazing. A throwback in many ways. She finishes with one touch so often . Her and Dali are like Platt and Cowans 30 years ago. Same wavelength

Just got to hope Hanson can be prised away from Manure. She is so important to our system. 

image.png.23f7a738490b057ee801e899aed1c01e.png

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, robby b said:

That Daly! I wonder if she'll start up front for England in the WC, with Russo on the bench.

Daly 100% deserves a place in the starting line up, but you can bet she won't. She plays for the wrong team now.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, colhint said:

So Everton lost 7 0 makes them 6 points behind us with two games to go. And a goal difference of -19. I think we can say fifth is ours now. 

Everton have three games to play, albeit they have Arsenal and Man City in that.  Also the goal difference is a 12 goal swing between us, but anyway I think we have secured fifth place after yesterday’s results.

Truly remarkable achievement. Some further smart recruitment in the summer and perhaps we can push the top four a little more. Man Utd have shown us that it can be done. 

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Daly 100% deserves a place in the starting line up, but you can bet she won't. She plays for the wrong team now.

i heard a commentator say that england manager wont accept her has a striker

Daly is the best English striker by far. Shouldn't even be any doubt to her starting up front at the World Cup.

I think Wiegman can be quite stubborn though and doesn't change much at all so who knows. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

i heard a commentator say that england manager wont accept her has a striker

Nah not true she's already played her there in the last 4 games 2 as a sub and 2 as a starter

On 08/05/2023 at 17:37, Farlz said:

Daly is the best English striker by far. Shouldn't even be any doubt to her starting up front at the World Cup.

I think Wiegman can be quite stubborn though and doesn't change much at all so who knows. 

Being half Dutch I've always followed the Netherlands rather than England and that goes for the women's team too and I have to say that's what aways struck me about Weigman's selection, I don't think many newer, younger players were brought in once a core was established. She's won back to back European Championships, got to a World Cup final in between and I can see England winning the World Cup under her leadership so who's to say that approach doesn't work, especially when it creates such great team cohesion but it's a slippery slope once a few players start to lose form, pick up an injury or retire. Same problem the men's national team have always had.

• Like 1

Games are going to be streamed on UEFA TV, rare chance to see a few of our youth players as they get no coverage not even highlights whilst playing for our academy teams. Lucy Newell of West Brom also in the squad might be another one to look out for, as we usually take their best players, Georgia Mullett and Ruby Rae-Tucker both came from them and Ella Bryan who has trained with first team squad recently.

Any word on where we will be playing next season believe the 2 year agreement is up at The Bescot?

I know there were rumours about The Alex but it's very quiet.

Original deal to play at Bescot was signed in 2020 after promotion, that was for two years, so expired in 2022. We must have signed a new deal with them ahead of this season, but how long for I don't know.

22 hours ago, useless said:

Original deal to play at Bescot was signed in 2020 after promotion, that was for two years, so expired in 2022. We must have signed a new deal with them ahead of this season, but how long for I don't know.

I like The Bescot, I can always get parked after a 2 hour drive 😅

• Like 1

Everton lose their game in hand 4-1 to Arsenal, pretty much guarantees us fifth place, as they now would have to win both remaining games and hope we lose ours just to match our points total, and even that probably wouldn't be enough as as it stands we have a better goal difference than them by fifteen goals.

On 11/05/2023 at 16:10, S-Platt said:

Any word on where we will be playing next season believe the 2 year agreement is up at The Bescot?

I know there were rumours about The Alex but it's very quiet.

Did the stadium tour back in January and the guide said we had propsed plans to turn it into a 17k seater for the women's team that will join up with the new inner city academy and Villa Park via New walking/cycle paths. 

Hopefully it happens and we also play our U21's games there for the new league format 

Edited by Kingman
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Did the stadium tour back in January and the guide said we had propsed plans to turn it into a 17k seater for the women's team that will join up with the new inner city academy and Villa Park via New walking/cycle paths. 

Hopefully it happens and we also play our U21's games there for the new league format 

The Alexander stadium? How can Villa propose to do anything to an athletics stadium that is the home of Birchfield Harriers and UK Athletics?

Sounds a terrible idea to me. It's bad enough that there's apparently going to be some rugby played there next year. It's an athletics stadium, it's what it always was and what it should always be.

Â