Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

He’s serviceable at RB, but not to the point where we should start him at RB just to fit him into the team. 

Buy another RB, rotate the new transfer with Cash and for gods sake, put Konsa back at CB. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

He’s serviceable at RB, but not to the point where we should start him at RB just to fit him into the team. 

Buy another RB, rotate the new transfer with Cash and for gods sake, put Konsa back at CB. 

What if we can't spend because of FFP?

10 hours ago, AV82 said:

Recall Kesler? Try Carlos at RB? There has to be a solution here.

I never understand why a left sided full back cannot be tried there? I get it's there wrong foot but they know the position at least. Surely it's as effective as a make shift centre half? (obviously all of these thoughts are pre digne injury) 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

POTS so far?

Very possibly, certainly our most improved. He is twice the player from last season. Konsa and Pau are some double act these days. For me he is the best English defender at the moment, sure Southgate can’t see it though.

When we sort out the rb position and he moves back into central defence i think he will be even better for his experience there. The passes he is starting to see and complete are taking his game to a whole new level. We talk about McGinn being the best £3 mill we have ever spent. I think we should be talking about the £ 12 mill we spent on Ezri being exceptional as well. Its now 4 seasons worth of games as pretty much first choice.  Nice one Deano

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

When we sort out the rb position and he moves back into central defence i think he will be even better for his experience there. The passes he is starting to see and complete are taking his game to a whole new level. We talk about McGinn being the best £3 mill we have ever spent. I think we should be talking about the £ 12 mill we spent on Ezri being exceptional as well. Its now 4 seasons worth of games as pretty much first choice.  Nice one Deano

Totally agree, quality player.  Not sure how he doesn't play for England.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Totally agree, quality player.  Not sure how he doesn't play for England.

Maguire, stones, guehi, tomori, dunk, you can argue walker, colwill...

Southgate is scarily inept 

Konsa + stones is decent partnership, both comfortable on the ball 

The truth is maguire played in the CL this season - he was **** shit in it - but he played in it... 

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maguire, stones, guehi, tomori, dunk, you can argue walker, colwill...

Southgate is scarily inept 

Konsa + stones is decent partnership, both comfortable on the ball 

The truth is maguire played in the CL this season - he was **** shit in it - but he played in it... 

I like Colwill he will be a good player.  Out of that list only Dunk is the better defender.   Not as mobile as Ez though.  

1 minute ago, beasley14 said:

I like Colwill he will be a good player.  Out of that list only Dunk is the better defender.   Not as mobile as Ez though.  

In the respect that every time I've seen him play he's played LB I get why colwill is in there 

But that just adds fuel to the fire that colwill at CB over konsa is a joke, he's doesn't play there for Chelsea 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In the respect that every time I've seen him play he's played LB I get why colwill is in there 

But that just adds fuel to the fire that colwill at CB over konsa is a joke, he's doesn't play there for Chelsea 

Very true, he did play there all last season though.  Either way I think Ez has the better mix of defence and footy ability vs a lot of those players.

13 hours ago, Farlz said:

Like Dougie, another player who has had a brilliant 2023. I used to give him quite a lot of stick, thought he'd get away with a lot when he wouldn't play well and hide behind Mings imo but since the arrival of Unai he's hit heights I didn't think he was capable of. Now he's our leading man at the back, full of responsibility and taking charge. 

I think as well he can actually play the Emery RB role extremely well, so much so that I'd be okay with moving him there permanently and maybe sign a CB? Either way whatever role he takes up these days it's usually followed up with a superb performance. 

I’m a big fan of Ezri he’s 1 hell of a player , 1v1s he’s one of the best in the business as proven with these stats ,game reading and management along with leadership qualities are bang up there, his confidence in his ball playing has risen dramatically since The Don came here. At only 26 he’s now coming into his prime years. Ezri is still on the rise and the Don knows this ,  the sky is the limit . I’m as baffled as almost everyone else around his England inclusion . Top player , UTV 

Konsa is easily one of the best centre backs we've ever had (that I've seen play).

He lost his number one and he's taken over that spot and made it his own. 

He's grown so much since signing, no idea how much he cost but he will make us a huge profit if we ever sell him. Which I hope we don't.

One of the best in Premier League

• Like 1

Â