Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hands up. I haven't been allowed to play FIFA for many years (terrible, terrible loser, and even worse winner). 

But I assume DEF means defensive abilities and PAS passing. And it's fascinating how they could get him so wrong. Worst attributes they say, but it's the only useful thing about him. He is pacy, can shoot and dribble? Say what? 

Lol, agree with you to a point.

However not sure if you remember when a couple Brugge fans came on here, and in one of his initial interviews, they kept saying "He is deceptively quick", or "faster than he looks"...

Problem is it currently seems like the "Speed" might be more American muscle car and less Tesla. I.E more suited to a 200 metre than explosive runs - terrible acceleration.

Got up to 88 for me on Fifa with us then Inter bought him off me me for 105 million , so that's proof he is going to be a star...:ph34r:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

22 hours ago, av1 said:

You forgot we are now playing PL teams every week rather than Rotherham. How bizarre. 

Also, Tammy has gone from playing with one of the best squads in the Championship, to one of the best squads in the Premier League.

People forget just how many chances Tammy actually needed to score as well, he was presented plenty.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Mate, he has currently the worst minute per goal ratio out of all the strikers in the PL who've scored this season aside from Joelinton and Deeney(and to be fair to Deeney, he hasn't played enough minutes for his average to be relevant). How you think that is still an okay goalscoring record for any striker in the PL, no matter how old they are is beyond me. Any striker who is imo averaging higher than 300 minutes per goal is quite clearly and definitively struggling as a goalscorer no matter the league they are playing in. His goalscoring record is poor, his goals per game ratio is misleading(not that its a good ratio to begin with) due to how many minutes he plays for us.

I think Wes gets a lot of scapegoating as well, as in it seems some people think we'll magically become so much better if we get rid of Wes, but he is still 100% a part of the problem and is arguably one of the biggest problems with our team right now. The thing with all these other guys is that they've all showed flashes of quality now and again. With Wes, he's been absolutely dire for 2 months now. There's only so long you can watch your striker fail to be a striker before you get frustrated.

See this is the difference, I said

For me, individually, he is doing fine for all the points I mentioned previously including 5 goals in 19.  Unfortunately we need more than that, I agree, because so much relies on goals and we are a fairly weak team, don’t support the striker well and aren’t playing to a forwards strengths.”  

A player can being doing fine but not what we need.  For his development and in my assessment of him in a prior post in this thread, I do think he’s doing fine...and we can argue all day about pros and cons of him.

He cost 22m which sounds a lot but for PL striker these days is not much for a younger striker.  If we had have brought in another striker then Wes could’ve been brought into the team over the season, to get pace of the league, less pressure and once the team had settled into the league would have more of a chance to be himself.  Instead he’s been thrown into this inexperienced, struggling team with an expectant fan base who were spoiled with the exploits of Tammy from last season and expected the same from Wes in a higher league.

Do I think we need another striker? Yes

Does Wes need more support and service? Yes

Does Wes need a breather from the starting XI? Yes if we keep playing like we are

Is Wes doing fine in his development? Yes

why can’t all the above be true...that the player individually is developing and I’m hopeful that long term he’ll be successful and not a failure.  Writing him off like some on here have is just plain silly!  Yes we need another striker because we need more now.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also, Tammy has gone from playing with one of the best squads in the Championship, to one of the best squads in the Premier League.

People forget just how many chances Tammy actually needed to score as well, he was presented plenty.

The reason he got into as many goal scoring opportunities to begin with is fantastic movement.

"lack of service" the age old Wesley excuse. I can almost guarantee you Tammy would get a ton of chances in the same team.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

The reason he got into as many goal scoring opportunities to begin with is fantastic movement.

Nowt to do with having top players around him, not being on the backfoot constantly, getting better supply and more chances?

Anybody remember the few poor team performances we had when he was forced to play deep, missed multiple sitters which turned into multiple posts of "That is why he probably won't make it at the top level"?.

His Swansea loan in addition - Do you remember that spell?

Aside from that, Tammy has actually been afforded the luxury to go out on multiple loans, and learn and develop.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nowt to do with having top players around him, not being on the backfoot constantly, getting better supply and more chances?

Anybody remember the few poor team performances we had when he was forced to play deep, missed multiple sitters which turned into multiple posts of "That is why he probably won't make it at the top level"?.

His Swansea loan in addition - Do you remember that spell?

Aside from that, Tammy has actually been afforded the luxury to go out on multiple loans, and learn and develop.

Tammy was 19 at the time at Swansea. Wesley is 23.

If you can't see any real strengths in a player at 23 then it's looking pretty grim.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

"lack of service" the age old Wesley excuse. I can almost guarantee you Tammy would get a ton of chances in the same team.

I like to moan about Wesley on Christmas Day too since I have nothing better to do and I'm that obsessed. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I know this doesn't fit the miserable agenda on here, but does anyone know of a championship striker that can make the step up? I looked a bit at that Brentford lad, but I just can't see it. What others are there? Preferrably British to hit the ground running or with several seasons of experience. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know this doesn't fit the miserable agenda on here, but does anyone know of a championship striker that can make the step up? I looked a bit at that Brentford lad, but I just can't see it. What others are there? Preferrably British to hit the ground running or with several seasons of experience. 

Hard to know.

• Bowen is more of a wide attacker/winger but he might, Not that experienced thou.
  • Mitrovic but he's not British

Not seen enough of the likes of Grant of Watkins, but the premium for Championship players is probably about 100% compared to the continent.

Still think Morelos would be and interesting player even with him being a bit loco and Rangers not wanting to sell.

Saying Wesley needs to be dropped doesn’t mean writing him off. We’re losing a lot while he’s on pitch. We need to try something new. Its not working with Wes at the moment. We all hope he can turn up to even better than Benteke. But we’re talking about our situation today. I think giving Kodjia a start and potentially Davis won’t harm the team. Its not as if we’re on fire or our forwards can’t be dropped.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Saying Wesley needs to be dropped doesn’t mean writing him off. We’re losing a lot while he’s on pitch. We need to try something new. Its not working with Wes at the moment. We all hope he can turn up to even better than Benteke. But we’re talking about our situation today. I think giving Kodjia a start and potentially Davis won’t harm the team. Its not as if we’re on fire or our forwards can’t be dropped.

Very true. Assuming we get a striker in January, it's an obvious rotation to make. Not only because Wesley is struggling, but it's also a case of getting him out of the spotlight and let him develop. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The obvious candidate is Mitrovic because he has proven ability in the Premier League.

I don't think there's anyone else who screams guaranteed goals at this level, but lots of decent players who'd be worth taking a punt on at the right price. The problem is a lot of them are playing for promotion contenders, so teams will be very reluctant to let them go.

Mitrovic should be better than the previous times he was in the PL as well, since he is now 'coming into his prime' in age terms, and has a lot more experience under his belt. He and Bowen are the only realistic options from the Championship I think, although I thought Bowen was less of an out-and-out striker?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

If Wesley tarts tonight we are sunk.He needs at least 1 season on loan in the championship.

We are not going to send our record signing on loan to the championship. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know, it’s a shame isn’t it. I really hope Wesley doesn’t start today.

I hope he does. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Christ, have you not watched the last 18 games!? 😂

Yes. I've also watched Jonathon Kodjia for the last few years. 

Â