Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

They were basically the slightly better version of us and got the points their performances warranted, and kept it up a while longer, which is the opposite of us. The year before they went up in the championship they were top at Xmas and collapsed. 

Not really.

We play in a completely different way. We are more comparable to Norwich

What a missed opportunity on Wednesday! Shef Utd have come back bobbins, should have done a hell of a lot better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

You may be right after all.

They look dog shit 

It’s not often I’m wrong 😉

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Got to be honest, Matt Ritchie is the sort of underrated player who'd improve us. Can play left back, wing back or further up field. Always liked him since his Bournemouth days.

Nice strike.

Yes me too Chris, I think he was their best player when they got promoted from the championship. I feel we missed the boat against Shef united. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Covid has destroyed them. The form they were in, if the season hadnt stopped theyd likely of taken 6 points from us and the barcodes

Or maybe they had been punching above their weight all along and now we are seeing realistic results...

• Like 1

Best I've seen Newcastle play for ages tbh. I know people will say they've only scored v 10 men but look how often we struggle to do anything when opposition has someone sent off.

Need to keep 11 on the pitch on Wednesday as their quick wide players have really exposed Sheffield gaps.

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

Because Newcastle have beat Sheff United doesn’t mean we should have beat them. They have conceded 3 goals with ten men.

Styles and work rate wins matches not previous results against other teams.

We needed to beat them.

The way they played there were beatable.