The Funny T Nebulous Independent Group Oxy Morons

ml1dch

9 hours ago, peterms said:

Utterly predictable.  Another waste of space.

The usual thing is to aim for a constant stream of high profile resignations over several days, with a few lower profile ones to fill the hours and maintain the momentum.  They managed this much more effectively in a previous attack on Corbyn.  This all seems a bit amateur by comparison.

She is my local mp and she is is absolutely useless. I want her to quit politics altogether what she has done to my local is a absolute disgrace. 

She is rotten to the core. 

Edited by Demitri_C

I've let this all soak in for a bit and I've come to a conclusion that the only reason anyone would back or vote for the now 8 NEWKIP party is that because they hate Corbyn. 

They want a new style of politics, so they set themselves up as a company not a party. They want to shake up politics but have literally no ideas or policies. Their voting history suggests that they're likely to give you a bit of austerity a s privatisation, mixed in with a people's vote but no by elections because democracy is only important when it isn't their MP's salary's at stake. 

I should imagine they'll all disagree on policy and leadership of NEWKIP as nobody wants Chris Leslie as their spokesperson, so they'll call another press conference and resign from the new company to set themselves up as independents that are independent from the non political party independent group thing. 

I've little time for the Lib Dems, but they're by far a better fit for these NEWKIP fellows. There's literally nothing 'different' about any of them. 

I am all for people genuinely trying to change politics, this rabble are making that harder by claiming that territory and doing nothing of the sort. It's shameless self promotion. 

I'd have a lot more respect for them if the sat as genuine independents and didn't try to pull the wool over the public's eyes with this new not a political party, but clearly a shoddy attempt at a political party.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

NEWKIP

That's already been taken - a couple of times.

I think it's been used to brand UKIP post-Farage (more especially under batty Gerald) and also the new vehicle for Farage (from which he's probably already resigned).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder Peter, do you look at the Twitter posts you're consistently posting on here with a critical eye? Have you done your research about the people behind Electronicintifada and the groups that you so gladly seem to want to spread the words of? Taking the words of Asa Winstanly seriously is about as bad as taking Donald Trump or Netanyahu's tweets seriously.

Joan Ryan is a right wing populistic nutter. Asa Winstanly is a left wing Rothchild conspiracy theory loving propaganda machine.

Actually, it's taking the words of Joan Ryan and others caught on camera seriously.  You, on the other hand, seem to dismiss it because you disapprove of the person who circulated it.  Very odd.  Look at the evidence, don't pretend it doesn't exist because you dislike the channel of dissemination.  Did you actually watch the films in question?  Do you think they are fabricated?

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Joan Ryan is a right wing populistic nutter. Asa Winstanly is a left wing Rothchild conspiracy theory loving propaganda machine.

It was "interesting" that the VONC on the seemingly pretty useless Joan Ryan was broadcast by Iranian state TV. I mean under what circumstances, using what set of values would a local party which is having an issue with their MP decide that probably the best thing to do is get Iranian TV to film a VONC of the MP?

If I lived in Enfield, I'd be wondering how on earth it got to the state where the local MP is seemingly spending much time and effort looking towards Israel and the party local activists seems to be spending time and effort liaising with Iranian state broadcasters. You'd have to question the suitability, judgement and competence of any of them. They look like a shower of twisted brain-wrong mentalists.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

It was "interesting" that the VONC on the seemingly pretty useless Joan Ryan was broadcast by Iranian state TV. I mean under what circumstances, using what set of values would a local party which is having an issue with their MP decide that probably the best thing to do is get Iranian TV to film a VONC of the MP?

If I lived in Enfield, I'd be wondering how on earth it got to the state where the local MP is seemingly spending much time and effort looking towards Israel and the party local activists seems to be spending time and effort liaising with Iranian state broadcasters. You'd have to question the suitability, judgement and competence of any of them. They look like a shower of twisted brain-wrong mentalists.

I live in Enfield and I have voted against her every time yet this weasel seems to always win. 

She isn't pro enfield whatsoever. If you come down my local area and see all the policies she has implemented and how bad crime has got yet she has don't NOTHING to help us. 

I am not suprised she has resorted to these tactics. My area is not a big Jewish community so I would be very suprised if she gets re elected here. Hopefully the witch will sok. Be out of here. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

see all the policies she has implemented and how bad crime has got yet she has don't NOTHING to help us. 

That's the Government Dem, not an opposition MP. Local MPs, particularly opposition ones can't actually do much, if anything, to prevent crime or help with that kind of thing.

19 minutes ago, Risso said:

She's probably the only person in it.

You'd be surprised, Wiki says that there are about 80 MPs in LFI including Andrew Gwynne (as of August last year)

EDIT: oh and Barry the Gardener too

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

This all makes the supply and confidence deal a bit pointless doesn't it? Not checked the numbers out but does May actually have a majority including the DUP anymore?

Of course.  Assuming the ex-Labour people vote along the same sort of lines as they did before, them leaving the party changes nothing.  3 Conservatives resigning isn't enough to swing the balance.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

This all makes the supply and confidence deal a bit pointless doesn't it? Not checked the numbers out but does May actually have a majority including the DUP anymore?

There are now 314 conservative MPs plus 10 DUP, 324.

There are 650 MPs, -7 for SF, meaning a majority needs 643/2. 321.5 

A few more need to go.

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

You'd be surprised, Wiki says that there are about 80 MPs in LFI including Andrew Gwynne (as of August last year)

EDIT: oh and Barry the Gardener too

It was a joke, a pretty weak one almost certainly, but a joke nonetheless.  Labour, anti-Semitism, not many friends of Israel etc.  Never mind, Blandy got it!

So assuming the Tory leavers join the party ,  will these Indie members be voting on matters in parliament  in unison with each other or independently  ?

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

So assuming the Tory leavers join the party ,  will these Indie members be voting on matters in parliament  in unison with each other or independently  ?

They're the independent group. So they'll vote independently. Or as a group. Kind of individuals. United with one voice. Ah bollocks, damned if I know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â