The Funny T Nebulous Independent Group Oxy Morons

ml1dch

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sadly your right with some of those points but she writes in it her manifesto each yeah to win our votes. 

With regards to our a and e she said she would fight tooth and nail to try keep it open but was no where to be seen. She let us down badly. I can't stand her. 

Don't get me started Don the current London mayor absolute rocket polisher he is

Sure.

My point was just to make sure that you had the right target for your anger.

MPs should be held to account for the things for which they are responsible. The electorate needs to understand the limits of the power and influence of their local MP, too, though - especially when they are often ordered to follow the demands and whims of a party leader.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Look it up if you dobt believe me and of course I have she really says anything constructive when she mentions anything.

The minister under fire over the scandal of Britons convicted abroad is in more hot water - for breaking ranks to oppose a NHS closure.

Enfield North MP Joan Ryan, the junior Home Office minister with responsibility for the Criminal Records Bureau, is actively campaigning against the axing of an accident and emergency department in her constituency, ordered as part of Labour's health reforms.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/nhs-row-for-minister-in-criminal-records-crisis-7254297.html

A Tory MP has rocked his own party by admitting David Cameron 'utterly let down' patients at a cuts-hit NHS hospital.

Nick de Bois spoke hours before the Prime Minister visited his seat in Enfield, north London, where Chase Farm Hospital's A&E unit shut despite 70,000 people protesting in 2013.

Save Chase Farm leader Ivy Beard, 82, has branded Mr Cameron a 'hypocrite' for protesting planned cuts in 2007 as leader of the opposition - only for the unit to close on his watch.

Today Mr de Bois, who has campaigned on the issue for more than a decade, declined to let Labour shoulder all the blame just days before a general election.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-mp-david-cameron-utterly-5596299

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I assume this is the permanently critical Mr Harrington?

(My primary school headmaster was Mr Harrington, which gives me unhappy memories of his cross-country training sessions every time I hear the bloke's name). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Did you not see my post?

I wrote " Joan Ryan is a right wing populistic nutter "

Most people have seen the video and think she's just as silly as Corbyn appearing on Iranian TV talking about how lovely the regime over there is and taking cash for it. The difference is that one is in a group of idiots sprinkled in with some genuinely abused Jewish PM's while the other one is the leader of the opposition party.

Of course I saw your post.  You suggested that I should be more questioning of the tweet because of who it came from.  I responded that I was taking the evidence of the video of Ryan and others, and that you seemed to dismiss it because of who had mentioned it.  Your view of Ryan has no bearing on that - it's your dismissal of the issue on the basis that you think Winstanley is a conspiracist that I took issue with, by pointing out that it's video evidence, not some wild flight of fancy.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assume this is the permanently critical Mr Harrington?

(My primary school headmaster was Mr Harrington, which gives me unhappy memories of his cross-country training sessions every time I hear the bloke's name). 

Probably.

Long shot: Amber Rudd?

:)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

14% of people would vote for a loose grouping of individuals they likely know very little about, with no idea of what they stand for?

:bang:

It's this kind of thing that gives universal suffrage a bad name.  ;)

33 minutes ago, peterms said:

It's this kind of thing that gives universal suffrage a bad name.  ;)

I think the people that are excited that they're different, or 'centrist', don't really know anything about them. They're not going to shake up politics, they're as establishment as most other MPs. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Probably.

Long shot: Amber Rudd?

:)

I agree it’s a long shot, as soon as she was offered a cabinet position again she was out of the rebel group as fast as a rat up a drainpipe. Utter careerist without a sense of any ideals

It's been quite revealing reading or hearing the reactions of various charachters to the resignations.

Various sheep in each party and outside have gone "Traitors! Good! bad rubbish"

Some lke a few tories and Watson and McDonnel have been quite sober and analytical in their responses

And Jezza and May have sort of just carried on as if almost nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

It was a bizarre PMQ today. It was like the two remedial kids at school who hate each other had a truce for the day so that neither had to acknowledge that they had both been dumped by their boy/girlfriends.

It was quite funny that the first time that party defections was mentioned in the chamber today, it was in context of a member of Brighton council joining the Conservatives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It was quite funny that the first time that party defections was mentioned in the chamber today, it was in context of a member of Brighton council joining the Conservatives.

Listen, don't mention the party defections. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. So, it's all forgotten now and let's hear no more about it. So, two eggs mayonnaise, a prawn Umunna, a Heidi Allen, and four Berger salads. Wait a moment, I got a bit confused here. I got a bit confused 'cause everyone's mentioning the party defections.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

They've seen the Tories deal with the UKIP problem by just becoming UKIP, they've seen Labour deal with becoming Tory-lite by purging their ranks of anyone insufficiently pro-Corbyn on a tidal wave of internet unpleasantness and bullying.

Very much this. In addition we have all this label bolitics - "centrist" "remainer", "leaver". I mean if centrist means "not extremist" then I'm OK with it, but even then it's not really an accurate description. Someone might be say, anti Remaining in the EU, but very pro the NHS and pro Taxing Amazon and Google etc. more, and anti-Tax havens but against nationalising Water and anti-semitism, but pro strong anti-terror laws....in other words, as you say, anyone who isn't either a throbbing no-deal Brexiter or a disciple of Catweazle is dismissed as a centrist. It's quite mad.

These 11 malcontent MPs have at least shown that they won't put up with what's happened to two of the parties. I hope more follow them out of the extreme enclaves that they've become.

• Like 1

Try to avoid these threads as my location and upbringing is somewhat different to most on here but.....

Im interested to see where this goes as hopefully they will offer something more ‘centerist’. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this country looking for ‘Tory-lite’ rather than the Tory party pandering to the ERG/UKIP lot.

Just now, andyjsg said:

Try to avoid these threads as my location and upbringing is somewhat different to most on here but.....

I think you mean you have different views, you should join in more. I think we have a fairly diverse range of backgrounds and locations. Hell we're even nice to the shandy drinker from Surrey (sometimes), I've even shared a few pints with him in various pubs over the years, same goes for Risso too. Both have very different outlooks on bolitics to me. Different opinions is good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

I think the people that are excited that they're different, or 'centrist', don't really know anything about them. They're not going to shake up politics, they're as establishment as most other MPs. 

I fall into that camp and like to think I've a reasonable grasp of politics and am a pretty good judge of character.

Perhaps it's all just futile and we may as well shamble along with the status quo.  Whatever you like.

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Nick de bois was at a fe wof the protests Joan Ryan no where ti be seen. Where wss she campaigning from her mansion in London? 

Â