Racism Part two

Demitri_C

33 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I miss hanging black people because of the colour of their skin :( 

But because it inconvenienced one minority, well now no-one can hang black people anymore! :( :( :( 

You can't hang anyone these days! plickal creckness gon mad, innit.

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

Because it is helpful and positive for them, whilst causing no harm or negative to the majority. Because it's morally the right thing to do.

It happens all the time, and is nearly always for the better. For example we've changed things to make sure there's wheelchair access for wheelchair users into all new buildings, when we didn't used to. We changed things so that the elderly can get free public transport to give them more mobility. We changed things so senior citizens can get reduced price access to events, same applies to kids. Pretty much all of us have benefitted from measures that affected us as a minority - whether that be as kids, as people working in some industries (health and safety laws), or as older people, or as vulnerable people, or as ethnic minority citizens or ....

I remember when we used to have free milk at break times when I was a kid……..

Edited by Follyfoot

27 minutes ago, blandy said:

You can't hang anyone these days! plickal creckness gon mad, innit.

Once the loony left stopped the drawing and quartering afterwards and feeding to the dogs at dawn hanging was always going to be next , same as a good natured Saturday morning stoning 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Once the loony left stopped the quartering afterwards and feeding to the dogs at dawn hanging was always going to be next , same as a good natured Saturday morning stoning 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I had it loads and practically lived in fear of it! Fortunately things are very different now. My 7 year old doesn’t even know what racism is. When I was that age it knew full well what it was and it didn’t feel great.  I ignored it but it still hurt. 

that's really good to know. keep him off social media and there is a chance of things staying that way

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

An angry guy with a dog once chased me down a street yelling “Go back to Albania!” so even being a standard white British bloke apparently doesn’t protect you from racism.

Alright Gary Lineker, calm down

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s certainly upset the prime minister of the time who stopped it

and that was because milk instantly curdled in her highly acidic presence. Almost like she was some kind of malevolent witch. Could it be so…*?

*I mean yes, the evidence is irrefutable on the witch front, though allegedly it wasn’t actually her wot dun it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Can't do that anymore in case it upsets the vegans

And the Tories. 

Edit: Beaten to it, I should learn to read the rest of the thread before commenting.

Edited by It's Your Round

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He's going on about the **** gollywogs again. Is this a parody account?

I will try to answer that in as simple terms as I can.

Gollywogs have been banned because the last part of the word is considered racist.Thats a great way to fix things.Tell you what,how about we ban bananas,that way people wont get offended if someone throws one.Lets also ban football.If there is no football then you cant throw a banana at a player,because there wont be any players.As some episodes of various TV programs have been banned because of racist content,why not ban TV alltogether.

I think banning Gollywogs is a great idear,but lets not stop there,lets ban everything so that no-one gets offended.

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Gollywogs have been banned

No they haven't.

because the last part of the word is considered racist.

I've not conducted a poll, but I think more people are offended by the incredibly crude caricature than a section of the word.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Tell you what should be banned,this thread,its going no-where.

When I lived in India we had servants,we never looked down on them and we certainly did not refer to them in any racist way.

When I lived in New Zealand,the Maoris there used a common expression "Ill please my black self" no one thaught it even a little bit racist,also in New Zealand they had an expression for when you had a day off work but were not sick,its called "a Maori day off" ( I think that expression is still used today.

Because of things like this,you will never ever convince me that banning things will improve racism.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Don't kid yourself, you looked down on them

I think that’s a big leap to make. Employing someone to perform domestic service doesn’t have to mean the person automatically looks down on that employee. They might do, or they might not, regardless of the origins of the word used at the time to describe the role.

• Like 2

Â