Racism Part two

Demitri_C

38 minutes ago, blandy said:

That’s a really good move. Why? For one, as an enthusiast for trees it makes it really easy for me to see one and remember what it is called. It’s a good name. Secondly its old name was because people who gave it that name, named it so because of a resemblance to a an aboriginal person with their natural hair style, which is, to use today’s language a bit “awks”.

And people could still use its aboriginal name (bullanock), or its Latin name (Kingia Australis) if they want long term consistency? Grass tree is good though.

Thats very interesting but when we first came to Perth it was called a "Black boy" why is it not called that now ?

13 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Thats very interesting but when we first came to Perth it was called a "Black boy" why is it not called that now ?

Isn't the answer in the exact thing you quoted?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In all sincerity, "we didn't have racism when I was a teenager" is the single most ignorant opinion I've ever read on this forum, it's not even close. There's rose -tinted glasses about the good old days, and then there's absolute delusion and a failure to see things from anyone else's view.

Go and have a chat with someone your age that isn't white and see how they feel about that claim.

I had it loads and practically lived in fear of it! Fortunately things are very different now. My 7 year old doesn’t even know what racism is. When I was that age it knew full well what it was and it didn’t feel great.  I ignored it but it still hurt. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

My Mom and Dad used to have 2 gollywogs, one was just a normal size and the other was bloody massive, about 3ft it was, I kind of hope that they have never got rid of them because I would like to have them some day.

Just phoned my Dad up and asked him about the Golliwogs, he said that he used it to batter the dog and it got destroyed 🤣🤣🤣

When I say he used it to batter the dog, I do mean when play fighting, he wasn't really battering the dog, and he wasn't conditioning the dog to attack black people either 😂

Edited by leemond2008

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In all sincerity, "we didn't have racism when I was a teenager" is the single most ignorant opinion I've ever read on this forum, it's not even close. There's rose -tinted glasses about the good old days, and then there's absolute delusion and a failure to see things from anyone else's view.

Go and have a chat with someone your age that isn't white and see how they feel about that claim.

There's plenty competition for that award on here.

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Thats exactly what I am trying to say.We ( society ) is changing things just to suit a minority.

You cant buy a Gollywog

You cant watch certain episodes on TV

You cant call a tree a Black boy

When I was a teenager we didnt have racism.We did have Gollywogs,Black boys and you could watch every episode of a series on TV.So, whats changed ? and why are we changing things because of a minority ?

Why are you obsessed with gollywogs?

They’re deeply racist. Why do you want them back?

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve been called the first and the second has been called to a girl that fancies me.

I would say I’m fair skinned for a South Asian.

Stupid racists.

An angry guy with a dog once chased me down a street yelling “Go back to Albania!” so even being a standard white British bloke apparently doesn’t protect you from racism.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

An angry guy with a dog once chased me down a street yelling “Go back to Albania!” so even being a standard white British bloke apparently doesn’t protect you from racism.

Should I even ask why he was chasing you down the street?

Â