Racism Part two

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, blandy said:

. For me, personally I know it was technically illegal, and a health hand safety bod would have had a fit at the technique used, but basically it was a minor (ish) infringement of the law which absolutely is overridden by the clear benefit brought about by doing it.

Is it just slave  traders we get a free pass on ? 

who gets to decide which statues the law gets overridden on v benefit to society , slave traders today , someone else tomorrow , I’m sure VT would decide vandalising and toppling a Thatcher statue was justified , for  example ...

And once we’ve finished with statues , where next in the minor(ish) infringement free for all ? 

by all means protest if you fell strongly but if you vandalise or destroy property then the law comes into play 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

ok when was the last time you went to a museum. its been about 10 years for me. 

*** Too Easy ***

Shooting fish in a barrel

February as it happens, I went to an exhibition at the Science Museum about Cyber Security, code breakers and GCHQ

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

who gets to decide which statues the law gets overridden on v benefit to society , slave traders today , someone else tomorrow , I’m sure VT would decide vandalising and toppling a Thatcher statue was justified , for  example ...

And once we’ve finished with statues , where next in the minor(ish) infringement free for all ? 

by all means protest if you fell strongly but if you vandalise or destroy property then the law comes into play

What a load of absolute turd.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

She blacked up at every opportunity*

*this may not be true

Well, isn’t her surname actually White, so every time she took the stage she actually was “blacking up” just in a completely different context 😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

While not all will have been directly involved with it, a lot will have benefitted from it. 

A lot of businesses today benefit from modern slavery. Many major firms will use cheap labour overseas where the working conditions are questionable at best and criminal at worst. 

How many of us have got iphones ☹️

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

thatcher-statue.jpg

Bin dunne

Paul Kelleher, 2002

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just thinking if that’s the case where does it end with the removal of statues?

Well, what's your concern? What's the worst-case scenario that you're worried about?

• Like 3

It's not always the good guys (let's say it's us) who decides what should be removed, changed and altered.

And even the well meaning get astray or take it too far, far too often.

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Well, what's your concern? What's the worst-case scenario that you're worried about?

Mine is if they get me to remove the statues/portraits of me in my own property and in my garden, One I look a load thinner And 2 have more hair and look younger

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How many of us have got iphones ☹️

Indeed, or Nike trainers. Most of us are complicit in benefitting from slave labour. It would be very difficult to avoid that. 

22 minutes ago, snowychap said:

What a load of absolute turd.

U ok  Hun ? 

I’m kinda busy but here’s a pic of a cute dog instead 

adorable puppy GIF

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What part of don’t reply to my posts don’t you understand. How about you just respect my wishes instead of this shit?

Its down to you to use the ignore function. If you don't want people to reply to your posts, don't post them on a public form on the internet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What part of don’t reply to my posts didnt you understand? How about you just respect my wishes instead of this shit?

Wow.

I'm sorry but did you instruct me to 'not reply to your posts'?

Snigger...

• Haha 1

Â