Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does seem like Ty’s injury was worse than Emi’s… not seen anything regarding recovery or rehab on Ty either, whereas Emi has been able to get to work in the gym and pool…

Such huge misses, hope and believe they are getting all the support they need. Good for them to be around the squad and Ty could help guide the other CBs…

• Like 1

It’s massive for them both to still be involved in the day-to-day around the team. The worst thing has got to be getting left behind and feeling alone, so much more awareness nowadays of the mental impact of serious injuries. I trust Unai will keep them close to the family he’s creating. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s massive for them both to still be involved in the day-to-day around the team. The worst thing has got to be getting left behind and feeling alone, so much more awareness nowadays of the mental impact of serious injuries. I trust Unai will keep them close to the family he’s creating. 

Polar opposite to how MON treated injured players.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Does seem like Ty’s injury was worse than Emi’s… not seen anything regarding recovery or rehab on Ty either, whereas Emi has been able to get to work in the gym and pool…

Such huge misses, hope and believe they are getting all the support they need. Good for them to be around the squad and Ty could help guide the other CBs…

Could just be that Ty doesn’t want to be on social media right now. Focus on the rehab and mentally. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Could just be that Ty doesn’t want to be on social media right now. Focus on the rehab and mentally. 

Sure, no need to share everything. But Unai did say the injury was worse and I have seen a couple of pics of Ty on crutches.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's been common knowledge since the beginning that Mings' injury was significantly worse than Buendia's hasn't it?

Tyrones was definitely badged as a terrible injury. Buendia's injury wording in the website was almost identical, but i did get the impression his wasn't as bad.

I was still surprised to see Buendia doing work in the pool and gym though, as I'd assumed it would be at least Christmas for both of them

51 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Tyrones was definitely badged as a terrible injury. Buendia's injury wording in the website was almost identical, but i did get the impression his wasn't as bad.

I was still surprised to see Buendia doing work in the pool and gym though, as I'd assumed it would be at least Christmas for both of them

I can't remember the exact timescales, but I'm pretty sure the injury times Emery mentioned were much shorter for Buendia. Something like 6-7 months for him and 9 months for Mings.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

It's been common knowledge since the beginning that Mings' injury was significantly worse than Buendia's hasn't it?

I think Buendia always sounded like he would be back before the end of the season. Mings probably next season

Â