Ever choked on your prejudice?

KenjiOgiwara

Might be a short lived thread, but I have a tendency to make up my opinion about something and stick to it (like a true moron I know), but sometimes I try stuff out and surprise myself.

Can give two recent examples. 

1) Vegetarian food. So far I am finding it quite delicious. I am still eating meat, but far less than I used to. Took me about 15 years of making fun of it I guess haha. 

2) Using a hairdryer. Absolutely no idea why, but when and where I grew up this was for girls and the Freddie Mercurys of this world. Then this year (after a trip to visit an Italian girl - couldn't make it up), and then I stared combing and hairdrying and it's not half bad. At least I don't rock the birds nest hairstyle anymore. 

Enjoy your favourite day people. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My paranoia of Muslims has gone. I wanted them wiped off the map at one point purely based on my fear of Islam. 

Never thought I’d enjoy fruit and veg as much as I do these days. Much healthier eater now, which a few years back I’d have scoffed at the idea. 

The Beach Boys are still shit though .

I also realise now, that not all women should have big breasts. If they all did you wouldn’t appreciate them , and it would just be the norm. 

Cockneys!! Their accent, mannerisms, bad language.  Never liked it.

But old man like ron has become my hero.

Seriously though, this is actually an interesting idea for a thread. And I'd like to think that there is something that I've changed my opinions on. 

I'll have to give it some thought. 

That's why I'm more convinced that the standard Tory voting, xenophobic, ignorant rather than racist kind of person is wrong.  Because I've seen it from their side.

Edited by Wainy316

on parents and opinions and 1 of mine that has changed, renting a house being "dead money", my parents are disgusted with the idea of me renting and drilled in to me buy a house buy a house buy a house for the last 20 years, i've owned a house, i've rented several, now looking to rent again, i think actually doing it at the time has changed my opinion to it all, its whats suited me at that given time, at the moment i need the flexibility of renting 

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I actually think VillaTalk has had a huge influence on my prejudices, or rather it's helped massively to rid me of most of them (I like to think)

Right we have to work on your anti-sock prejudice next

• Haha 1

My dad used to read the Mirror , I probably gave it a passing glance but wouldn’t have really been aware of its political bias at that age 

I can see people being influenced by their parents that’s sort of inevitable but I struggle with how  anyone can be overtly influenced by a newspaper though 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Right we have to work on your anti-sock prejudice next

I wear socks the majority of the time.

Although I am going out tonight and I'm going to level with you, I probably won't wear socks :D 

Â