Ever choked on your prejudice?

KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Two things come to mind and recently too - clubbercise and yoga. I used to think the former was for women called Carol and Sandra getting pink faced whilst failing to keep up with the instructor, giggling as they go on. The latter I felt was for tree hugging hippies who viewed a carnivore like me with scorn as i collapse in a heap after the simplest of moves.

Well, not now. I partake in a weekly class for both and can honestly say that the benefits are surprisingly real already. I thoroughly recommend both.

2yphk4m.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I struggle to see how you struggle with that.

I struggle to see how you struggle to see how i struggle 

without wishing to offend you’d have to be a bit of a moron if you let a newspaper influence your view of the world 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I struggle to see how you struggle to see how i struggle 

without wishing to offend you’d have to be a bit of a moron if you let a newspaper influence your view of the world 

People are morons. 

• Like 3

Morons may be an exaggeration but a huge chunk of the population probably can't be arsed or have the time to look for sources of information from several different viewpoints, therefore are heavily influenced by newspapers, and nowadays social media echo chambers.  

It’s pretty obvious that if you rely on one source of news, or mainly one source of news, as many people do, then you’re going to influenced by how that source presents the news to you. 

There’s a reason certain papers have huge influences on things like election results

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

@Xela - I was waiting for your contribution and you didn't disappoint 😂

Those boys got moves....gonna try some of them next week. That'll impress Carol and Sandra !

Only if you wear your leotard! 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yeah, I agree

I'm sure the 1.2 million Mail readers fact check it before simply believing the ignorant shite that reinforces their prejudices.

BzgGQv2IQAAidUO.jpg

most newspapers are just echo chambers for morons of one shade or another, though looking at the circulation figures there are clearly more right wing newspaper reading morons than leftwing

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

yeah, I agree

I'm sure the 1.2 million Mail readers fact check it before simply believing the ignorant shite that reinforces their prejudices.

BzgGQv2IQAAidUO.jpg

most newspapers are just echo chambers for morons of one shade or another, though looking at the circulation figures there are clearly more right wing newspaper reading morons than leftwing

That’s because left wing don’t read tabloids. They are far too intelligent for that. 

Â