Pre Match Thread

villalad21

40 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If we don't win today that will be 1 win in the last 10 games.

I would suggest that even with no manager at all or a random blues fan picking the team we would still be capable of achieving that win percentage

Hell, Dwight Yorke could probably get us to win 1 every 10

Well there’s always a chance those 7 draws could have been defeats.

agree nowhere near good enough but even Leeds went 8 games with only one 1 earlier in the season.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Whelan? Are you bloody kidding me

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting a different result

We've been no better with Bjarnasson there either, we've just got a load of shit to choose from for that position (plus many others)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting a different result

Genuine question. Do you think we have an alternative who has consistently proven to be better? After Jack and McGinn the rest are all  beige as far as I’m concerned. Whelan is the best of a very bad bunch in my view.

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Genuine question. Do you think we have an alternative who has consistently proven to be better?

Yes you can take a risk and try El Ghazi or O'Hare there. I would also consider Green but he is injured.

Well it's not much of a risk since Whelan and Bjarnason doesn't offer anything.

Edited by villalad21

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I’d say that’s a remarkable achievement fir a club Brentford’s size.

Maybe...but they finished higher the season before he arrived.

in any case the statement was that he proved he could do it at his previous clubs.  I would say he managed very small clubs with fair/moderate results. 

Must say, pretty underwhelmed with that selection, was hoping not to see Adomah and (to a lesser extent) Whelan. Then when you add Taylor, Hutton & Elphick (though the latter has been doing ok) its not great on paper.

Hopefully Smith knows what he's doing and can guide us to a victory and a decent performance or I think the doubters will be out in force later.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I’m sorry, do we have someone better to bring in? 

We have a shit squad, you know this. 

• Like 2